Chapter Eighteen

As they walked through the dark, deserted streets of Milan's back alleys, Eros stared at Angie in annoyed consideration. They hadn't spoken much since leaving the train. They'd both been trapped in thought. But Eros decided that this all ended today.

The difficulties ended here. No more bullshit. No more lying. Right here, right now, he was putting them on the same page.

"I don't see why you're so determined to keep so many secrets from me."

She threw a glance his way over her shoulder, facing forwards disinterestedly once more. "They're not secrets."

"They are secrets if you're making a point of not telling me."

"I'll tell you things on a need to know basis." As she said this, his eyes followed the erotic sway of her arse. "We're not friends. This isn't going to last long. There's no point in us getting to know each other. Hence, don't go expecting me to tell you every tiny little detail about my life."

"What's so bad about getting to know each other?"

She stopped walking, giving him a look that said she wasn't stupid. "Are you sure it's me you want to get to know or is it what's under my skirt?"

Both.

A cocky smirk crept up his lips. Slowly, sensuously, he backed her up towards a nearby wall. Even with her back pressed to the hard bricks, Angie wouldn't let him win.

"Is that what you want?" He challenged.

Even as his hand engulfed her side, she stared at him defiantly.

"Absolutely not. I'm not one of your easy nymphs. I have standards."

Easy nymphs.

His head tilted.

Had he ever mentioned the nymphs aloud?

Angie must've been a good listener.

"So you'd pass up another one of those orgasms if I offered one?"

The slightest tinge of a blush touched her cheeks. "You talk yourself up too much. You didn't do anything my fingers haven't done before."

Fuck. He hid his face in her neck, lips curling against her skin. Still, she paid him no mind. "Damn it Angie. You're killing me here." Now he had to picture it. And damn it if the thought wasn't sightly.

He pictured Angie in the same lingerie from the hotel room, slowly, surely easing her fingers down beneath the black lace as her thighs parted. He needed to hear her sexy little moan as she pleasured herself. As she teased one finger, two, three, into her hungry pussy's opening. He needed to taste her juices as she came all over her pretty little fingers.

Snap out of it!

They were getting on the same page here, one way or another.

"Clearly you've got something you want to say to me. You should say it."

"You're serious right now?"

"Yes. I'm serious," He pressed. "You keep making the digs so explain them."

"Okay." Just when he thought she wouldn't answer, Angie gave it to him straight. "I think you're a man whore."

His wings gave a disgruntled flutter.

Little—

Again with the acting like that was a bad thing.

She wouldn't be complaining by the time she started obsessing over him. Angie would come to realise how his vast experience was a good thing. A terribly good thing.