34

3RD PERSON POV:
When Zoey and Daniel got back into the car. Daniel couldn't stop himself from smiling. "What you so smiley about?" Zoey asked looking at the boy confused. He just kept smiling, before turning to the girl. "No reason, just really happy to see Lucas again" Zoey bought it and left him alone.

When they reached a traffic light, Daniel slowly turned to Zoey with a smile. "You wanna go somewhere?" He asked. She looked over to him and nodded. "Yeah sure, but where?" She asked. He smiled and mumbled a 'you'll find out soon' before driving off in the opposite direction of her house. "Wanna listen to music?" Daniel asked Zoey, she nodded and connected her phone to the aux.

She put on her most recent playlist and the first song was 'Cold in La' by the boys. Then it started blaring through the speakers, Daniel side eyed the girl to see her lip syncing to the words of the song. "You like our music?" Daniel asked a little shocked by Zoeys pick of song. "Yeah, I've listens to you band since it became a band, I've never stopped listing to you guys, even after we stopped talking" she explained. Causing the boys heart to flutter.

Half way through the drive, both their phones started going mad, the two looked at each other and laughed. "That's most likely the group wondering where we are" Daniel said, after the laughter calmed down. "I'll text Corbyn to let him know, you've kidnapped me and not telling me where we're going" she laughed. He playfully groaned at the girl but agreed with her dumb idea.

iMessage:

Corbs🛸:
Where are you guys?
Are you still at your parents?
Zoey?

Zo🧸:
We were on the way home,
But Daniel wanted to
Take me somewhere so
I don't know how long we'll be.

Corbs🛸:
Just make sure you
Guys are home by tonight
We're going back to our houses

Zo🧸:
Will do Corbs!
Read 17:34pm

After she texted Corbyn, she put her phone down and slowly reclined the seat, letting sleep take over. Daniel looked over to the girl and saw she was asleep. He smiled and continued driving to their destination. Hoping she would remember where they were. When they got there, Daniel parked the car and slowly walked over to Zoeys side.

"Hey Zoe we're here" he whispered, waking the sleepy girl. She slowly woke up and saw a smiley Daniel at her door. She smiled and grabbed her phone and got out. When she looked at the destination, she gasped and looked at Daniel. "Are you serious?" She exclaimed. He nodded and Zoey wrapped her arms around him, giving him a hug.

"You wanna go inside?" He asked. She nodded at they both ran inside quickly. When they got inside, the little diner was just how they remembered it. Old tacky walls, slightly strong smell of grease and old style music playing in the background. "Just the was it was when we came here as kids" Daniel said looking around.

The old diner used to be the place the two would go when Daniel first moved to LA, they would always go there when Zoey was visiting Daniel. When they stopped talking for the period of time. Daniel still went to the little diner, never forgetting the memories he shared with his best friend.

When they walk in the, the owner of the diner, Wendy saw the two and quickly walked over to them to greet them. "If it isn't Daniel Seavey and Zoey Rodriguez, I haven't seen you two in almost, what? Five years? How have you two been?" She asked. Daniel smiled and looked over at Zoey, who was a bit shorter than her. "We've been good, we're reunited as you can see" Daniel laughed, wrapping his arms around Zoeys shoulder, causing her to smile like mad.

She smiled at the two and walked them to a booth in the diner. "What would you two like?" She asked. Zoey looked through the menu and gasped when she saw her favourite. "You still have the Bueno Milkshake?" She asked smiling up at Wendy, she smiled and nodded, causing Zoey to squeal and she ordered that, Daniel smiled and ordered a cookie dough milkshake. Wendy nodded smiling and walked into the kitchen.

"I can't believe it's the same since we were young" Zoey said looking around the diner. Daniel smiled and grabbed her hand, making Zoey look at him. "I know you said, you forgave me, but I am so sorry again for drifting from you and not talking to you for almost five years and I am so so sorry for everything and ever that I did" he apologised. Zoey gently smiled and rubbed her thumb against his hand.

"I can promise you, I am not mad at you and it was my fault as well, I didn't keep in touch with you and I didn't help when we were drifting" she sighed. Daniel slid across the booth and gave Zoey a hug and they rocked side to side together. Wendy looked over to the couple, smiling at how close they are now, she knew about them drifting because Daniel would always come to the diner and saw how upset he was about him and Zoey.

"Are they even going to realise how in love they are?" Wendy's daughter asked walking out of the kitchen and standing beside her mother. Wendy smiled. "I think they have realised but are too scared to say about it" she explained. Their drinks were ready so Wendy walked over to their booth and gave them their drinks. "Thank you Wendy" they both said, she smiled and walked away with a a little smile.

"I still can't believe you don't like chocolate" Zoey said looking at the boy, cringing. "It's just not my cup of tea" he explained, Zoey nodded and confide drinking her drink.

Once they were finished, they went to the till and Zoey grabbed her phone out to pay for her drink but saw Daniel already paid for them. She glared at him and he smiled at her. "I'll see you guys soon" she smiled. They said goodbye and walked out of the diner.

When they got into the car, Daniel turned to Zoey with a smiled on his face. "What?" She asked. "I want to go one more place with you, if that's ok?" He asked. She nodded and he drove to the beach, near the diner.

'Tonights the night, I'm going to ask Zoey to be my girlfriend, I hope she says yes........' Daniel thought.
----------

Ahhhhh it's happening!!!!
Will Zoey say yes?

x