45

3RD PERSON POV:
Today's the day of the bbq at the Rodriguez's house. Zoey had been helping her parents get everything ready, she's helped her parents get food ready, helped his dads family get situated in Airbnb's and hotels, got Lucas ready for the day and helped her mom with cupcakes and different desserts for the day.

"I just really hope today goes well" Zoey said exasperated. She was currently on call with Daniel. He was getting ready to go to Zoey's parents house. Zoey was fidgeting around while getting ready in her room and she was pacing her room, phone in hand and running a hand through her hair. Daniel on the other hand, was sitting on his bed, lying on his back and trying to calm his girlfriend down.

"I mean mi abualita ella es muy exigente debido a Mason y ella dijo que querría entrevistarte y mis primos son los peores cuando se trata de gente nueva. son tan críticos. Estoy tan preocupado de que el lado de la familia de mis papás te juzgue pero mi lado de mamá si la familia ya te ama a pesar de que nunca te conocieron. para que no tengan un problema contigo. es solo mi primo mayor por el que estoy preocupado por el lado de mi madre porque sabe lo que hizo el albañil, así que será protector-"

"Princess, I promise you everything is going to be ok" Daniel said through the phone. She nodded, but said a quiet 'ok' because she realised Daniel couldn't see her nodding. "I know I'm just worried" she said with a small sigh. "Please don't speak Spanish because I can't understand you" Daniel laughed, causing Zoey to laugh as well. "Thank you Daniel" Zoey said, smiling at her phone. "Don't worry about it Zo-bear" Daniel said. Zoey laughed at the name.

They eventually hung up because they had to both get ready. Zoey was wearing mom jeans and an-of the shoulder frilly lavender t-shirt. She had curled her hair and put a little bit of makeup on. She walked downstairs and saw the two girls ready to head to The Rodriguez's house. Zoey's home.

The girls got there early so Zoey could help her parents with finishing touches. When they got to her parents house, Lucas ran to the door and jumped into Zoeys arms. "Hi mister" Zoey said, holding her little brother in her arms. "Hi Zoey!" Lucas said, wriggling in Zoeys arms. "Where's Dani?" Lucas asked looking behind the girls. Zoey laughed and rubbed Lucas' back. "He's not here yet bubby, he'll be here later with the rest of the boys" Zoey explained.

Lucas nodded and jumped down from Zoeys arms. The girls laughed and Zoeys walked over to her parents. "hey munchkin" Zoeys mother, Louise said walking over to her eldest child. She hugged her daughter and hugged Sophie and Riley as well. "How are you girls?" Louise asked with a smile. "We're good, exited to see the rest of the family" Riley said with a smile. Sophie agreeing.

After a while they all headed outside and Zoeys dad, Enzo, was there, playing with a ball with Lucas. "Hey dad" Zoey said with a smile, walking over to her dad. "Zoey!" Enzo yelled, jogging over to his daughter and wrapping her in a big bear hug. "How's my little girl?" He asked looking down at his little girl. No matter how old she is, her father will always see her as his little girl. "I'm good dad" she smiled, pulling away from the hug to look up to her father.

"What time are the boys and their families coming over at?" Louise asked. "They're coming over at half one, I told them to come over at two but they insisted on coming at half one" Zoey said with a small laugh. "Daniel's really exited to see Lucas" Sophie said, they looked good over to Lucas and saw him playing with the ball him and their dad were playing with earlier.

"Hey bubby, pass the ball" Zoey yelled, before running over to her little brother. He smiled and threw the ball to Zoey. Sophie and Riley joined in as well. After a while, the doorbell went off but because everyone was playing, Zoeys mother went and opened the door. The boys, Ben, Lera, Eben and their families were all here. Louise opened the door wider and welcomed everyone inside.

"The girls, Lucas and Enzo are outside" Louise explained. The boys and Lera immediately ran outside, causing their families to laugh at their childishness. When they ran outside, Lucas was the first to see them. "Boys!" He yelled and ran over to Daniel and the boys. Daniel smiled and picked Lucas up.

"Hey little man, how are you?" Daniel asked with a big smile. "I'm good" Lucas smiled. Daniel put Lucas down and he walked over to the other boys and said hello. Daniel walked over to the girls and said hello to Sophie and Riley. He walked over to Zoey and gave her a little peck on the lips. "Hey princess" he whispered. "Hi mi amor" she whispered back.

Daniel looked over to Zoeys parents and saw they had a big smile on both their faces. Daniel released from Zoeys hug and said hello to her parents. "Would I be able to ask you a question later?" Daniel whispered to Enzo. "Yes of course, everything ok?" He asked. Daniel nodded and Enzo sighed of relief. Knowing his daughter was in good hands.

Not long after, Enzo's and Louise's families arrived. "Abualita!" Lucas shouted. Zoey looked over and saw her grandmother. She smiled and walked over, giving her abualita a hug. "Abualita I would like to introduce you to Daniel" Zoey said. Daniel slowly walked over and introduced himself. He put out his and and her abualita looked at his and then back at him. She put his hand down and gave him a hug.

"Welcome to the family mijo" she whispered in his ear. He smiled and hugged her back. He looked over to her parents and thought it would be the right time to ask the question.

'Here goes nothing' he thought before walking over to Zoeys parents.
----------

Ahh, he's going to ask!
Also please don't judge my Spanish,
I'm a little rusty

x