Japan's Number One

"Toshinori," the villain said with open arms almost happy to see the man. "its been so long old friend."

"Too long you heinous monster, what have you done to that child? He's writhing in pain, and can barely compose himself."

The man chuckled evily as he balled up his fists. A news helicopter flew over head filming the interaction from above.

"I just gave the young man a few upgrades."

"Upgrades?" All Might asked riddled with anger. "What have you done?!"

"It won't kill him, so you needn't worry. The only one whom I intended to kill was Tomura. For helping him escape."

Shigaraki? All Might thought confused. He helped young Bakugou escape? But why? The man shook his head and raised his fist. No matter, this is the end for you.

"TEXAS SMASH!" He bellowed as the airforce from the punch threw him back.

AFO flew down for several feet before stopping himself. "Oh." The man sounded curiously. "You're a lot weaker than you were at that time Toshi." He coaxed as All Might gritted his teeth while running towards him. "What happened old friend?"

Suddenly black tendrils emerged from fingers and attacked him from all sides. Toshinori punched and broke the tendrils with fists. Occasionally they cut through his skin and his suit. Reaching up his grabbed the tendrils and pulled the man towards him.

All Might raised his fist and brought it down on his head before yelling. "DETROIT SMASH!"

The impact of the punch broke the mask as the ground crumbled under him and his head was wedged into the ground. He raised his hand to throw a another punch before he caught it. The force created between them caused the ground and building around to crumble.

Screaming was heard as civilians were led away by other pros. Merlin still holding onto Tenko and Katsuki flew over head. His wings began to ache.

"We've done enough sight seeing." Tenko told the bird as he looked at Katsuki. "What the hell? He's knocked out!"

"How? He was just ready to fight him." Merlin retorted.

"Must be a side effect from the tests, we need to go." Tenko said until suddenly black ropes pierced through Merlin's right wing.

As the bird screeched in pain, suddenly one of the tendrils peirce through the injury in his abdomen. As he threw the man away, AFO turned and his sleeves bulked up again. His air cannons tore through the ground thrusting the hero into a building. Merlin fell from the sky and hit the ground harshly.

As the rubble and debris smoke cleared, Tenko looked up to see Katsuki gone from his grasp. Instead the blonde laid still unconscious several feet away. Crushed by the weight of Merlin's large body, he slowly tried to get out.

He looked up to see his care taker walk towards them slowly.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. KATSUKI! Wake up dammit! You need to run!" Tenko yelled out as the man raised his hand towards him.

Merlin jolted up and swiped his wing at the man creating a gust of wind stopping him in his tracks. The bird stood protectively over his body. He looked down at Katsuki unconscious yet writhing in pain.

If Y/N loves you as much as he's implying, I can't let you die here. Merlin thought as another bright light emerged from his beak.

He shot beams towards the man in a barrage.

AFO growled in frustration. Each blast got stronger keeping the man at bay.