Hells Kitchen

Soon the car stopped and you looked to see the restaurant you worked at.

"Why are we here?" You asked as Umaya opened the door. "I thought we were going to a book signing."

"Ramsey said he wants to cook with you, remember?" Shoji said as you stared at the building.

"Shit he wants to cook here?" You asked as you exited the car with them. Entering the restaurant it was empty as you saw a sign 'Reserved for a private party'. "Y'all reserved the whole restaurant for this?"

"Of course why not?" Your mother said as they led you to the kitchen where your boss awaited you.

"Happy Birthday my dear!" He exclaimed with a warm smile as you waved.

"Morning boss."

"So we'll have you guys stay out here and take a seat." He said to your group before turning to you. "And you my dear will come with me to meet him."

You took in a shaky breath as he led you away. You've looked up to the famous chef for years. His brash demeanor and brutal honesty strangely captivated you. The way he yelled at his workers were something of mere entertainment for you.

Shit. You thought to yourself recalling your reasons for your admiration of Ramsey. That's why I was attracted to Katsuki. Dammit.

"Mr. Ramsey sir, here she is." Gakuho said as you waved at the blonde man with those familiar wrinkles. Never in all the years you've lived did you think you'd ever meet the man before you. So long you remembered watching him bellow and yell at incompetent chef's who dared to walk his kitchen. Many of his cookbooks plague your memory in such fondness.

"Ah yes fantastic, hello there." Gordon shook your hand as you grinned.

"Hello chef it's a pleasure to meet you." You said containing your excitement long forgetting the pain that plagued you before.

"Same here. Do you know how bloody long I've been wanting meet you?" He asked as you laughed weakly. "The bastard kept telling that you didn't want to have attention brought to yourself. You were awarded for your cooking at nine years old and no one knew who the fuck you were."

You smiled weakly at his complaints. "I wasn't in a good place and didn't want attention at the time."

Gordon scoffed and shook his head. "Whatever. What matters now is you're here. And I want to see in person how you cook. That good?"

You cocked your head to the side eyeing the ingredients laid out of the counters before smirking. "Yes chef." Setting down the book you took down an apron before washing your hands. "What do you want me to make?"

"Well," he said motioning to the counters. "Looking at these ingredients what do you think?" Glancing at the counter. You saw oxtail, various peppers, rice, spring onions, the body of a puffer fish, a duck.

"This is a test right?"

"Yes that's right." He responded with an expecting look.

"So then I'm going to assume that with that," you pointed to the spiked fish on the table. "you want me to cook the puffer fish. And then with the duck you want me to just cook it?"

"Precisely, do you know how to cook Fugu Puffer Fish?"

You shrugged carefully picking up the fish. "I mean yeah, but have I ever made it? No."

With that you took the puffer fish to the sink. "What the hell are you doing first?" He asked.

"I'm getting this ready first." You said cleaning the fish before taking a knife and cutting board. Breathing in softly, you began to cut through it. Careful slicing through organs. Your brows were pressed in focus as you began to remove the harmful organs. Gordon watched with sharp eyes seeing you focus intently.