Part 4

Another week goes by and this time it flies by so fast everyone working Max has someone she can really look up too. Not hanging out with her brother all the time nor have to be around step farther when she has to be it was like living in a dream that would never last forever. Billy picked them both up at school visitation, most of the high school girls were looking at him and it flattered him so much that it gagged Anastasia and Max. Looking at each other while pointing their finger into their mouth. Of course Billy didn't see it and if he did he would hurt Max later on in his own home. After getting their papers and whatnot, Billy was driving them home.

"Billy can you drop me off at Ana's?" Max was sitting in the back of his car.

"No Susan wants you home."

"Fine."

Looking in the back seat Anastasia smiled while saying. "Maybe tomorrow you can. Since this is the last week before school."

Dropping off Ana, Max got in the front seat. Parents weren't home like Billy was told which made him pissed but nothing is new. Max was mad also, she could hang out with Ana and got some input since the school was very new for her. Billy started working out along with smoking in his own room. Max wanted to sneak off to be with Ana but knew that would be a fight with all of them.

Billy knocks on her door. "You want pizza?" He never does nice things for her.

"That would be nice."

"Alright I'll order some." He was getting hungry too. knowing that he will be starting to get paid more that he would buy dinner thins once for his step sister.

At the table Max grabbed her a piece. "Billy, Thanks for the pizza."

"Whatever." He took two pieces.

"You know I never wanted this right?"

"I know."

"So why can't we get along?"

"Cause your an asshole, you always get what you want when you want. And if its something bad I always get the blame for it even if it had nothing to do with me."

"I know, it makes me angry that you take the blame. I would never blame it on you. I'm sorry if that helps."

"It doesn't and it never will Max." Getting up from the table, he went to his room to be alone. Deep down he knows that its wrong to blame her always. The moving part made him more mad because that meant his mother would never find him.

Pushing the plate away, crossing her arms she didn't want to here as well. It sucked that her dad didn't stay in touch. Knocking at the door Max whips the tears away and when she opens the door to Ana who had a check for Billy job and other job taking Ana to school and home after school. Her arms went around Ana's waist. Not knowing what was going on Ana picked her up and held her on the couch. Calming her down. "Hey whatever it is, you are safe."

"No I'm not. Everyone hates me here, I just want to go home. MY real home." Crying into Ana's arms

Rubbing Max's back. "Not true. I don't hate you nor does your mother or Billy."

"Yes he does, he blames me that we moved here."

Moving Max away from her as she whips the tears away, fixing her hair. "You want to know a secret?"

"Yeah." She sniffles.

"Boys who struggle on secretin things in life tend to take it out on others. Now I'm not saying what Billy is doing should be acceptable, but he is a boy who needs to get his life on the right track once he does, he will see what a great sister that you are for letting him take it out on you."

"Thank for being here for me."

"Well I wouldn't be a good friend if I wasn't here would I?"

Billy comes out and somewhat listens to them. "Anastasia. What brings you by?" Seeing his step sister's face all red from crying. 'Shit, Neil will have my ass.'

Standing up from the couch flipping the paper out. "Papa thought it would be best if you have this now. Tell your parents that you watched a movie together so Neil won't have your ass."

Taking the check. "Tell him thanks."

"Whatever." Going back to Max she smiled. "Now go to the bathroom and wash your face, remember I'm two minutes away." Kissing the top of her head before she left.

Max storms off as both doors closed, in the bathroom Billy leans on the bathroom door. "I didn't mean to make you cry Max."

"Sure you don't." Their parents just arrived home. "Remember we watched a movie."