[38]

[This chapter includes a drug overdose]

"Nooo...Yuna- I wanna *hic* drink moooore..."

"No Mr Heuning I'm taking you home."

It was quite amusing to watch the dainty woman hoist Kai over her shoulder, like he didn't weigh twice her body weight. She glanced to Taehyun one time with her perfect smile, then walked down the street.

Taehyun had accepted Kai's request to drink with him, and to his surprise, Youngmi decided to tag along. He did enjoy catching up with his cousin, but the man was a lightweight. No one knew how Yuna found them, or knew he was wasted. She just showed up out of the blue like a superhero, and carried him off into the night.

Now it was just Youngmi and Taehyun. Their 'relationship' had ended, but the future was still very much unclear. They'd spent four years together building a lie. Moving forward was far from simple.

"Lets head home, there's a taxi bay down the street."

Youngmi nodded, and the two started walking.

"It's weird that I feel so happy." The woman muttered, almost unsure if her comment was appropriate. "I have no idea what i'm going to do now, but it feels good to have a choice."

It really was great to see Youngmi happy, it's all he could have ever wanted. "You deserve it."

"And so do you." Youngmi held an affectionate smile, gently taking hold of Taehyun's hand. She held it tight. "You always say you want an easy life, but an easy life isn't always a happy life. This is your chance Tae, you need to follow your heart."

"It's complicated-"

"What's complicated? You love him, he loves you, go be with him!"

Taehyun sighed. "You make it sound so simple."

The taxi bay was right in their line of view. Pausing their conversation, Taehyun speaks to one of the taxi drivers, before the two of them clamber into the vehicle. The car was plunged in darkness, the only light came from the amber hue of the street lamps they passed, and other car lights.

They sat in silence for a minute.

"How will your parents react to us ending the engagement?"

"Well, mother will complain about how I embarrassed her, since all her friends are expecting us to be married. And father, I don't think he'll care to much, as long as it doesn't affect the company. I'm sure he'll tell me to keep it a secret from the investors."

"What if you brought Beomgyu home?"

Taehyun let out a depleted chuckle. "Do you really need to ask? It would be bad."

"I know, but-" Youngmi hesitated, removing her gaze from Taehyun.

"What do you want to say?" Taehyun asked, picking up on her confliction.

The woman turned back to him, and placed her hands over his. There was a hint of fear in her eyes. "You can't keep him a secret. I know you well Taehyun, so I know you're considering lying to your parents. It might seem easier than trying to get them to accept Beomgyu, but if they can't accept your relationship, then you're better off without them."