[42]

A metal clanging rang in Beomgyu's ears, as he climbed up Yeonjun's staircase. He winced and snuggled further into his black jacket, feeling the cold wind smash against his pale cheeks. His hospital visitors pass was still attached to his jeans, so he made sure to take that off before letting himself into Yeonjun's apartment. He'd just come from visiting his mother, and still wasn't ready to tell everybody about it.

The three other band members were already practicing, since Beomgyu happened to be late once again.

Yeonjun noticed his arrival, and stopped the practice. "Gyu come listen to this." He said, waving him over.

"I was thinking of changing the chord progression from-" Yeji played the original melody that they had decided on for the verse. "To this." She played a new version. "Wooyoung thinks we should change it, but Yeonjun likes the original."

"I agree with Wooyoung, it sounds better."

Yeji and Wooyoung high fived in victory, while Yeonjun scoffed.

"Must suck to be outnumbered Yeonjun...can't relate." Wooyoung laughs in his face, backing up almost instantly as Yeonjun tries to hit him.

"Shut your mouth." Yeonjun hissed, leaving his spot behind his drum set. He walks over to Beomgyu, throwing an arm over his shoulder. "We should start working on the lyrics soon. I was thinking that you and Yeji could take charge, considering you've both written a lot."

Beomgyu nodded in agreement. "We need to pick a topic then. What's the song gonna be about?"

"Well personally, I get inspired by what I'm feeling in the moment, and at the moment, I'm super duper in love. So, maybe we could write a love song." Yeji suggested, with a big smile on her face. It was clear that she was head over heals for Ryujin.

"I reckon Beomgyu can get behind that." Wooyoung stated, wearing a devilish grin. "A little birdie told me that he kissed Taehyun at the gig."

Yeji let out an insanely high pitched squeal, forcing the boys to cover their ears. "Isn't he engaged?! You're a homewrecker!"

"I'm not a homewrecker." Beomgyu snapped defensively. 

He really wished Wooyoung had listened to Yeonjun and kept his mouth shut. His relationship with Taehyun was so frickin twisted, that he wasn't even sure how they ended up back together. How was he meant to explain it to anybody else?

"To keep it simple, Taehyun's not engaged anymore, and Beomgyu is madly in love. Okay, cool, no more needs to be said." Yeonjun buts in, taking control of the situation. "So the song-"

"You're really in love with Taehyun?" Yeji interrupts, watching Beomgyu nod shyly. "Aww that's amazing! Taehyun's the best! He gives great advice, and he punched Yeonjun! Just think about if he punched Wooyoung too! He'd be the perfect human!"

"Hey!" Wooyoung groaned.

"How do you even know he punched me?" Yeonjun asked, sounding very confused.

"Soobin told me."

Of course, no one in this damn friendship group can keep secrets.

"If we move this conversation along, I'll agree to writing a love song." Beomgyu said firmly, hoping to skip the teasing about his love life.