[27]

He should have definitely worn more layers. The night was chilly, and his oversized zip up would not be enough. Especially when paired with a black skirt and fishnets. They didn't add any warmth, but at least he felt cute.

Trudging through the parking lot, Beomgyu was his usual pissed off self. Bowling, such a waste of time. He could be writing his song right now. Why Yeonjun felt the need to drag him here was beyond him.

"Hey!" He heard Soobin's voice, and instantly felt on edge.

His eyes darted to the entrance of the bowling alley, where they sharpened, latching onto Yeonjun a second later. 

He halted his steps. "Are you serious?! Kang Fucking Taehyun! I wouldn't have come if I knew he'd be here."

"Exactly why I didn't tell you." Yeonjun replied unphased, grabbing Beomgyu's sleeve. "Now come on."

"No- let me go you bitch! Yeonjun- Yeonjun..." He grumbled all the way over, until he was shoved in front of the group. Dusting himself off, he looked back to glare at Yeonjun, but the man only smirked.

"Lets go inside then." Yeonjun stepped past Beomgyu, throwing his arm over Soobin's shoulder. The two headed inside, along with Ryujin and Yeji.

"You look cold."

Beomgyu rolled his eyes, and completely ignored the comment, following after his friends.

The alley was pretty busy, not surprising for a Friday night. It included a bar, restaurant, arcade, cinema and bowling, so it was a heavily frequented place in town.

As he entered he nearly tripped over a little kid running by. "Shouldn't that thing be on a leash?" He huffed.

"You hate children now."

Beomgyu flinched feeling Taehyun's breath over his shoulder. Swinging around, he found himself way too close to the male, and his cheeks did not hide the panic.

"I only hate you." He mumbled, before running over to the group. Yeonjun and Soobin were no where in sight, leaving only Yeji and Ryujin. "Where are the lovebirds?"

"They've gone to pay for the bowling." Yeji answered, brightening up as she saw Taehyun come over. "I was wondering where you had got to. Now you guys are here, do you wanna check out the arcade while we wait?"

"Sounds fun." Taehyun replied.

Ryujin took Yeji's hand. "Last one there pays for the drinks." And off they went sprinting towards the arcade.

Beomgyu didn't waste time running after them, opposite to Taehyun who just strolled over there casually. Perks of being rich. You have money spare.

"Ooh tough luck Tae, drinks are on you tonight." Ryujin laughed, playfully nudging Taehyun. The man just shrugged it off. Her eye was quickly caught by a large flashing machine in the center. "Zombie blaster 74! We have to play! It's 2 Vs 2, that's perfect!"

"Noooooo." Yeji whined. "You two are not teaming up on me again." She gestured to Ryujin and Beomgyu.

That sparked a pleasant memory in Beomgyu's mind, from the last time they came here. Both him and Ryujin are extremely competitive, so pairing them up only lead to one outcome. Yeji and Soobin losing miserably.

"Fine we'll split up for this one, but I want Taehyun."

Ryujin's demand should have brought him relief. It meant he didn't have to deal with Taehyun. However, he actually found himself a little annoyed, and almost wanted to fight to keep the man for himself.

"You can have him." Beomgyu acted like he didn't care, pulling Yeji over to the machine. "Play better than last time."

"I mean I'll try." She muttered, picking up the plastic gun extremely unnaturally.

Yeah, improvement was not expected.

With everyone in position, Ryujin pressed the start button. Instantly, the screen was flooded with flesh hungry zombies, sprinting towards their characters. Each person started shooting, blasting zombie after zombie, until the first wave was over. All too easy at the start, but it really amped up during the second wave. The zombies were much faster, and stronger, plus there were a lot more of them. Yeji was the first to die, and Taehyun wasn't too far behind her.

Placing down her gun, Yeji sighed. "They're gonna be here for a while."

Taehyun's eyes locked on Beomgyu. The man was concentrating so hard, letting out a low chuckled at every zombie he killed. 

It was kinda hot.

"I'm gonna go play the claw machines, wanna join?"

As much as he wanted to stay and watch Beomgyu, he could feel that Yeji had something on her mind. She probably needed someone to talk to, so he nodded his head, and headed over to the claw machines with her.

"No! I was so close!" She squealed as the plush fox fell just before the shoot. That was her forth attempt.

"I'll give it a shot." Taehyun suggested, and the girl stepped aside. "You seem deflated tonight, whats up?" He asked, naturally slipping it into conversation.

Yeji stared at the claw machine. "Truthfully? I don't know. Maybe nerves for tomorrow, maybe other things..."

 The claw lowered down, and gripped the fox plushie. 

"Something to do with Ryujin perhaps?"

"Is it that obvious?" She sighed, brushing some pink strands of hair behind her ear. "How am I meant to get her to see me as more than a friend? I've tried everything at this point. We do lots of stuff that friends don't do with each other, but she says that's normal."

The claw picked up the fox, moving slowly towards the shoot.

Lucky for Yeji, Taehyun had a lot of experience with complicated relationships. "You need to be straight forward. If the lines are blurred, then make them clear."

Just as the fox reached the shoot, the claw dropped it. The two of them watched it tumble back into the machine, landing right next to the shoot.

"This games a scam." She chuckled, lightly kicking the machine.

"If the prize is good enough, we'll play games we know we shouldn't." Taehyun said, leaning against the machine. He was now looking over at Ryujin and Beomgyu. "So Yeji, is the prize good enough?" 

Yeji's face fell, turning in the direction of Taehyun's gaze. She took a deep breath, and turned back to him. "Definitely."

He smiled. "Then do everything you can to win."