[28]

"Strike! Yes! Take that losers!"

The word 'humble' was not in her vocabulary.

Ryujin jumped up and down excitedly, rubbing her strike in everyone's faces. Actually her third in a row, the likely hood of her winning was increasing. Not that anyone else really cared, well maybe Beomgyu, just a little. The other four just came to have some fun, so winning wasn't really the top priority.

"Okay big shot drink up." Yeji pushed a small glass of clear liquid up to Ryujin's lips. One way to shut her up.

The woman immediately gulped it down. "Mmm thanks Taehyun." 

He just gave her a thumbs up, from his position on the couch. Leaned back, one leg over the other, a grumpy male with crossed arms beside him. He'd forked out the money for the drinks, it was only fair since he lost the race. 

The scores were pretty close, apart from Ryujin's, who was miles ahead. The fight for second place began. Soobin stepped up, took his turn, and the ball went straight into the gutter. He stepped back in embarrassment, rubbing his nape. His focus was now on ensuring he didn't get last place. 

Taehyun leaned over slowly, swearing he could hear Beomgyu's heart beat get faster. "You look good tonight, I can't keep my eyes off of you."

He instantly pushed him away, and shuffled over. Not very far though, as Yeji was blocking his escape. "Don't do that." He mumbled, feeling Taehyun's presence yet again.

"Don't do what?" Taehyun asked with a smirk, placing his hand on Beomgyu's thigh. He stroked it up and down, teasing the gaps in his fishnets.

Fuck, it was happening again. Taehyun touch, Taehyun's words, starting the spiral. Sparking all those feelings he tried to ignore. He couldn't give in again. He needed to learn to live with Taehyun, without falling into old habits.

But it just felt so...

"You're up next." Taehyun whispered, breath fanning over his ear. Hand still dangerously on his thigh, and body intensely close. "How about a bet?"

The curiosity culled his overwhelmed senses for just a second. He locked eyes with Taehyun, a gaze heavy, and somewhat mischievous. He didn't see this often. "I'm not one to back away from a challenge."

Taehyun licked his lips, and broke their gaze. He gestured to the score board. "Highest score next go, winner gets to ask for one thing, and the loser can't refuse."

"Gyu you're up." Yeonjun's voice breaks the tension.

Beomgyu jumps up, and glances back, to see Taehyun's wavering look. "You're on." He stated, walking over to the ball rack. He picked up a 15 lb ball, and held it close to his chest, as he made his way to the lane.

He took in a deep breath, and composed himself. Got in position, threw the ball, and watched on a single breath.

It rolled at a fast pace, full of power and vigour. With the tiniest spin to it. It was on a straight course for the center, but curved right at the last second.

8 pins.

Decent.

He took his second go soon after, only managing to knock down one more.

"That's a tough one to beat."

He turned to Taehyun, the nerves finally hitting him. He stayed at his side, manifesting a win. He couldn't let Taehyun have the power. He needed to make sure he won this bet, but was his bowl good enough?

8 pins.

Scary.

Taehyun was on his second go. It could turn out one of three ways. He misses both pins, and Beomgyu wins, he hits one pin, and they tie, or- he hits both pins, and Beomgyu loses.

The ball rolled down the lane, Beomgyu was on edge.

It reached the final two pins, curving just slightly, it brushed the side of one, disappearing into the darkness. 

That pin wobbled.

Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth.

It stabilized.

8 pins.

He won.

They both went back to their seats, as Yeji geared up for her turn. Soobin and Yeonjun were busy flirting, while Ryujin was trying to sike out her competition. Beomgyu couldn't hold back his smile, self accomplishment washing over him. He beat Taehyun, and damn did it feel good.

"So, I guess the question now is, what do you want?"

Beomgyu hadn't even given it much thought. He'd put his sole focus on beating Taehyun, not caring about the reward.

His eyes lingered over Taehyun, and he found himself lost. His deep brown eyes suck you in, with their gentle gaze, that sends a shiver down your spine. His sharp jawline, and strong features, that hide his true passionate nature as the gave nothing away. What made Taehyun handsome went past what you saw, but was cemented by what he made you feel. Goosebumps all over your body at every touch, that's all Beomgyu could focus on.

"You."

Could it be the drinks? The mood? Or was it just Taehyun's affect on him that drove him mad? He had to be honest with himself. This is what he really wanted.

"I want you."

He felt their fingers intertwine, and his hand squeezed gently. Taehyun kept quite; only nodding.

Beomgyu squeezed back, then let go. Eyes darting around the alley, they eventually fell on Soobin, who was now getting ready for his turn. While Yeonjun was busy talking to the girls. The idea came to him, he carefully scooted across, and leaned down, pretending to tie his shoe. In reality, he now had access to Soobin's bag that lay on the floor. He opened it up, and took out his keys, shutting the bag like nothing ever happened.

He stood up, keys clutched tightly in his hand. Giving Taehyun one final glance, he walked through the building, and out the front entrance. The parking lot was dark, but lit up, at the flashing lights of Soobin's car unlocking.

"He'll hate us." Taehyun's voice tickled his ear, as arms snaked around his waist.

"You're rich, just buy him a new one."

Hand in hand they headed towards Soobin's car.

This cold night was about to heat up.