[3]

"Hey! You fucking bastard!"

Taehyun froze, stopping himself from turning the corner.

"Do I look like a charity?! Give me the money!"

"Chill man! I'll give it to you next time."

This was the exact reason he didn't come to this part of town, it was nothing but trouble. He was meant to be meeting Soobin in a shop down that very street, just his luck that some thugs were battling it out where he needed to be.

"You said that last time! I'm already in so much shit cause of you!"

Taehyun couldn't help his curiosity, peeking ever so carefully around the corner. There were two men, one who looked around their late twenties, and one that looked quite young. The younger one was reminiscent of an angry dog, snarling at the older. He roughly grabbed the mans collar, throwing him against the brick wall.

"Money now!"

"I don't have it now!"

The man pushed the boy off him, which sent the younger tumbling back. He lost his footing, falling backwards onto the concrete.

"I promise you Gyu, I'll have it for next time."

Not sparing a second more, the man quickly sprinted off down the street, to the annoyance of the younger. He threw his head back, letting out a deep groan, before pushing himself off the ground. He used his hands to dust himself off, taking multiple glances around the area.

Taehyun immediately retreated, feeling like he may have been spotted by the boy. He decided it was probably safer to go another way, so he turned to go back the way he came.

Though, just as he was about to walk away. Taehyun saw a hand slam onto the wall next to his face. Slowly turning, Taehyun gulped, eyes unexpectedly meeting those of such beauty, big, twinkling, brown orbs looking into his soul. The boy was slightly sweating, glistening his pale skin in the July sun. He didn't look anything like the rabid beast he had seen a minute ago. 

"Enjoyed the show?"

____

Those eyes, that face, that voice. It had been 5 years, and Taehyun could recognize them all the same.

'Break your heart'

Would it be selfish to assume Beomgyu was talking about him? It sent a little pang to his heart, at just the idea he was still thinking about him. Of course he never intended to hurt the boy, but at least that kept him on his mind.

"That's my boyfriend!" Soobin had to yell over the screaming, pointing at the guy on the drums. "We met in college!"

Taehyun nodded, not really paying attention to what Soobin was saying. Instead he focused on the lyrics. Beomgyu didn't even know he was here, but it really felt like he was singing to him.

"Do you ever? Do you ever dream about us together?"

"Do you ever? Want forever but this ain't it,"