016 | what i'm up to

"One sec, my girlfriend's here," Jack announced to the group as he shoved his phone away in his pocket and placed his guitar back on the stand.

"There's two songs left, I'm sure she can wait till you finish," Dan, their new tour manager, folded his arms, watching the boy quickly run towards the door and completely ignoring him as 'Trust Fund Baby' begun playing.

"He has time to let her in," Daniel defended his friend before going straight into singing the first verse of the song.

Meanwhile Jack stayed stood by the door of the rehearsal room, smiling at Adalyn as she made her way over after locking up her car with Eliana on her side and a bag in her other hand.

"Hurry up or no kiss," he playfully said after a few seconds. "We've still got a couple songs then we can talk properly."

"I don't want to kiss you anyway," she mocked his tone.

"Boys are grossss," the little girl added.

"Fine," he jokingly huffed, standing there a little long so she could walk in the door and yet still quickly exchanging a kiss before he turned around to make it back to his microphone stand as it was coming up to his verse.

"Stay here Els," Adalyn said as she placed the girl down on the floor, and then grabbing ahold of her hand so she wouldn't wander off.

Waking past all the equipment, Adalyn found a empty space on the side of the room away from everyone else and took a seat with her back rested up against the wall while Eliana stayed standing in front of her, dancing to the music as the elder glancing away from her to her boyfriend every so often.

"She's a trust fund baby. Doesn't save money, spends it. And I'll say to people that's my lady, and we don't need nothing else," Jack purposely sung his first couple lines wrong as he pointed over at his girlfriend in which she had shook her head at.

"Addie, Addie, get up," Eliana grabbing her hands, attempting to pull her aunt up. Then furrowing and moving her attention over to the band, "Why the music stop?"

"You can dance, I'm too tired cause someone kept me up all night," Adalyn smiled at her.

"I'm sorry," her gaze dropped to the floor as he arms went to her side.

"It's okay princess," she grabbed the little girl's hands while regaining her attention. "I was joking. You can come sleep in my bed any day you want."

"okay," she smiled.

"Talking, talking, talking.. thank the crowd for coming out, blah blah blah," Daniel babbled, going over what he need to remember to say in between the final songs. "And this is Lotus Inn!"

"I saw you moving on the dance floor. I caught you lookin' over at me and my friends," Jack begun singing, a smile quickly forming on his face as he watched Eliana go right back to dancing. "Got my attention, now I want more. I think we both know how this night's gonna end."

While the band continued with their song for what seemed like the one millionth time for them, Adalyn softly hummed along while she stayed sat on the floor as she held her nieces hand, swinging her arms side to side as Eliana jumped around in front of her.