053 | my favorite person..

As the couple in the room next door settled down and the two called it a night, Jonah and Valentina had soon returned back from their date in the beautiful town of Seattle, using the night as a small second celebration for their one year anniversary despite it being over a week ago.

"I have a little gift for you, love," Valentina looked over at her boyfriend with a small smile on her face before she propped her phone up on the TV unit against the wall.

"What do you even do with all these videos you're always recording?" Jonah raised a brow at her as he stay sat on the bed watching her, a smile also on his face. "I think it's cute, don't get me wrong, I've just never thought to ask."

"I watch them when I'm missing you," she replied, started the recording and then going over to her bag. "And I like being able to watch and look back on moments that I've dreamt of having growing up."

"you're my favorite person.." he slightly mumbled to himself, his eyes not once leaving her.

"You're my favorite person," she copied, placing a box down in front of him and keeping her hands on top of it as she lent in for a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you," he kissed her once more before looking down at the box, then back up at her eyes. "What's the gift for?"

"It's a surprise.."

"I do like surprises," he glanced over at her phone and moving the box over slightly closer and gently pulling her toward himself, making sure she was in frame. "There we go."

"Okay.. you can open it," Valentina said, her hands going straight to covering her mouth as she watched him.

"I'm gonna have to buy you another gift n- are- wait, wait, are you serious?" he instantly cut himself off as his eyes scanned over the positive test result, ultrasound and the 'hello world' baby onesie, a smile across his face. "Love, are you serious?"

"mhm," she nodded.

"Come here," he moved the box out the way and engulfed her into a hug, placing a few kisses on her lips. "We're going to be parents!"

"It's been so hard to keep from you.." she sniffled, wiping the tears away.

"When did you- Are you okay? You're like shaking.." he asked, watching her hesitantly nod. "How about we turn the camera off and talk about this?"

"mh?" she felt her heart drop for slightly more serious tone while she pulled away from him a little.

"No, love, I didn't mean to scare you, we can leave it going if you want, I don't mind. This is your decision to make," he quickly reassured her. "It's just you look terrified, and I don't know if it's because you thought I was going to decide for you or if you're genuinely scared about everything.."

"I think I am.." she agreed, softly nodding her head. "I am scared.."

"Okay, I'm going to turn it off, and then we won't use up all your storage as well," Jonah said as he got up, ending the recording then bringing her phone back over to them, and grabbing ahold of her hands. "When did you find out, love?"

"Mother's day funny enough.. like you know how hard that day is for me, and not being able to sleep well wasn't uncommon, but I had only gotten like three hours that night and I wasn't feeling good and my period was a couple days late again so I just took a test.. and I didn't know whether to be excited or cry- I still don't know."