027 | it's okay stop stressing

While the sixth show of tour had officially begun in Baltimore and all the fans were inside enjoying Noah's opening set, Jack had found himself sat on a set of stairs out the back of the venue, over near their tour bus as he desperately tried to get in contact with his girlfriend.

It had been a couple days since he had last heard from Adalyn, and he had been trying his best to not show everyone how much it was worrying him, but it had gotten to the point where all he wanted to do was go home and check on her.

So as he sat there in the fresh air, his phone now placed down beside him and his head in his hands, wiping away the few tears as he tried to pull himself together so he'd be prepared to be on stage in about half an hour.

"Here you are.." Dan said, folding his arms as he looked down at the boy who was facing away from him. "Once again dragging the other boys down with you. Get inside, you have a show to do."

"Can you please just leave me alone for five minutes," Jack slightly mumbled in response.

"I said get inside!"

"Hey Dan," Jonah interrupted him, coming out to where they were after hearing the first time he raised his voice. "um, the boys need your help trying to figure out something inside.. I'll talk to Jack."

Dan shook his head at the idea of the other bandmates needing his help. "Five minutes, and you both better be ready for the show."

"Yeah, we'll be in," he shared a smile with their tour manager as he walked pasted him, back into the venue while him himself had taken a seat next to his friends. "Do you wanna talk about whatever's going on?"

"I can't do it. I don't want to go on stage. I just want to go back to LA," Jack muttered and softly shook his head as he avoided looking at him. "I haven't heard from Adalyn since like fucking Sunday and now it's like what Wednesday?"

"And the last we spoke she was going on about her possibly being fucking pregnant and now that she's not talking to me, I can't help but think that she is and she's just left me because she knows I don't want another fucking kid right now. I'm so fucking dumb for letting her talk me into shit when I know she doesn't take birth control.."

"Or she's not and she's getting really drunk so she can pass out cause she's not able to sleep. And if that's the case who knows what fucking else she's up to or where she even is," he let out a heavy sigh to conclude his ramble. "I just wanna know that she's okay.."

"I don't think it's the first possibility," Jonah spoke up, lightly laying his arm over the boy's shoulders to comfort him. "I mean, I don't know the whole situation but Val was texting me before, saying that she couldn't get in contact with Adalyn either.."

"That makes me worry even more.."

"If you want to go back to LA to check on her, go. The boys and I will cover for you and we'll make up the missed shows later on," he replied. "But also Adalyn didn't talk to anyone for months last year cause she was trying to work on herself, so maybe she's just trying to not mess things up."

"And she had also ignored everyone for like a week because she had kissed another guy.."

"Val checked her Netflix.. she knows she's alive, at home, binging shows.."

"She still could have went out and cheated, Netflix doesn't show the active times, it just shows what people are watching," Jack mumbled.

"Last time you went to Hawaii, Val said Adalyn only left her apartment once to go out for lunch with the girls, then she had gone over to her place to film their podcast and Adalyn was refusing to go anywhere other than stay in.."

"I bet it's hard not hearing from her, but I'm sure she's okay," Jonah continued. "Adalyn's smart. I've seen her drunk many times before so even if she has been drinking, she knows how to keep herself out of danger. And Val said she will go check on her tomorrow. "

"she was pretty eager on me drinking the last of her alcohol.." he reminded himself as he took in everything his friend had said. "so if she's not leaving her apartment, she shouldn't be getting drunk.. and she also did say she wasn't going to.."

"Alright let's go get this fucking shit over with," Jack added through a huff as he got up.

"If you don't want to preform tonight we don't have to," Jonah said, closely watching the other's actions.

"Dan already hates me.."

"Jack, your mental health is more important than what he wants.. if you don't want to, we don't have to," he reminded him. "You decide what we do, I don't care and I'm sure the other boys won't either."

"I don't want to go on stage, no," he shook his head. "But I just feel bad cause everyone's already here and I'm just going get yelled at and it's-"

"Jack, it's okay, stop stressing," Jonah politely interrupted him. "You go pack up and get all your stuff, I'll talk to Dan. I'll make sure he doesn't yell at you."

———————

Liked by others

Liked by others

WhyDontWeUpdates @whydontwemusic via twitter 💔

view all comments

User781 hope all is okay :(

User59 they better have a good fucking reason for this
| User002 @user59 it's not the end of the
world calm down
| User59 @user002 not when you spend all
day at the venue just to see someone that
wasn't even worth that much time
| User002 @user59 i hope they make the
new date one you can't attend :)

User822 they deserve the world☹️

WhyDontWeMusic we'll be back here at the end of tour promise 🤍

march 16

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

are we basically half way through
the book and i already have the rest
planned? ... maybe 👀