Ch.1

Rushing to get my much needed third round of caffeine, I notice that my usual coffee shop parking lot is packed

But this time it's not the morning rush, it's 1 o'clock which is not the norm. I whip in with a sharp right turn, startling my manager Amanda in the front seat who had been on the phone with our boss. "Jesus Bria! In a hurry?" I notice that there's only one parking spot left and determined to snag it I was willing to risk it all.

"Sorry sorry! I just want to get back to the Kyle office asap since I'm meeting a customer in 30 for a policy review!"

We had been at our main office in south Austin for a luncheon. Our boss Edward treated us to lunch every time we hit our numbers the month prior. We surpassed the expectations so we planned on Top Golf with the rest of the team later tonight at 7. I enjoyed working where I work and who I worked for; which is shocking since I work in insurance. I'd been at it for 5 and a half years and had recently been promoted to trainer that came with a hefty raise. Our boss was a generous man who enjoyed spoiling and praising his staff when we succeeded. We'd become one of the top agencies in the area.

Insurance kind of just happened. It was definitely not part of my original plan, but how well does life actually pan out the way you want it to?

I just needed something to get out of the restaurant industry. Luckily enough my mom has worked in insurance for 35 years so she helped get me a job with her agent Edward. It's hard work, it pays the bills, but it's definitely not my dream job.

Unfortunately my attempted Starsky & Hutch move didn't win me the last parking spot. I sigh heavily and decide i would just pull up to the fire lane and run inside. We weren't going to be here long so it should be fine. Amanda continued her conversation on her phone in the passenger seat as I run in to order. I see a long line before me, at least 8-9 people. I wait patiently and scroll through my phone when I receive a text from Jaqueline.

J: "My clothes came in for the concert! Wanna see?"
Bria: "uh duh! Send me pictures!"

I am spammed with photos of her fashion show via mirror pictures from her small, dimly lit bedroom. It was an adorable. A bright red cropped tank with heart shaped cut out in the jeans. She's even paired it with the most adorable red velvet boots that I will definitely be stealing from her later.