Ch.33

TW: mention of physical harm

My 29th birthday is finally here.

After the last few years of hell, it was amazing to wake up next to a man who loves me more than I thought anyone would. Harry cooked me breakfast and served it to me bedside, set up a message and facial for us today at home, and lunch with Capri and Jaqueline later on.

After my morning of pampering, I changed into a black turtleneck, high waisted flared blue jeans and a gorgeous emerald green coat. It was a bright sunny day but still only about 45 degrees out and windy.

Capri and Jaqueline met Harry and me at the restaurant at 1. Because we hadn't seen them recently they were begging for details about our trip to London, firing question after question like a damn interrogation. I gave up on trying to get them to stop asking every single detail but thankfully none of it phased Harry, he just gave them the answers they begged for.

Once we exhausted the subject of London we finally got them to tell us about their holiday. Each of them spent Christmas quiet with family and apparently Trey told Ash that Santa wasn't real, so you can imagine how that went over.

Harry planned on taking me and my friends out to a rooftop bar later on tonight, so we spent the late afternoon lounging around while Harry locked himself away with my cousin in the music room. I could tell that TJ had been a little off lately, and so could he, so he offered up his time to play with him.

Once the time came to get ready, the three of us piled up in Harry's massive bathroom doing our makeup, burning Jaqueline's hair with a curling iron, and contemplating on what shade of lipstick we'd wear.

"Girls you're all perfect, now we're going to be late!" Harry's booming voice from outside of the bedroom door was enough motivation to get us out of the bathroom and downstairs.

Once we arrived, we were escorted to the roof which was beautifully decorated with string lights and lanterns. There were two fire pits and our own bar with a projector against a large white brick wall showing time square bustling with Nee Year Eve festivities.