Ch.31

Bright light shines behind my tightly closed eye lids as a fight to stay asleep just a little longer

Bright light shines behind my tightly closed eye lids as a fight to stay asleep just a little longer. With fresh snowfall from the night before, the reflection of the sun was excruciating. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving having a true winter wonderland kind of Christmas, but Harry insisted we fall sleep with the curtains open to watch the snow fall together. Now it's backfiring.

It was a good idea in theory, but we fell asleep with them wide open. So now, I'm being blinded. Rolling over, I reach my arm out for him, but his side of the bed feels ice cold. Peering one eye open, I see that he's managed to get up without disturbing me. The bedroom door is cracked open a tad, so I can hear just enough sound coming from downstairs. Light thuds, cabinets opening and closing, and Harry whistling a tune.

I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes before rolling off the bed to take care of business in the restroom. I usually get up at least three times a night to pee, but last night, I was too comfortable and content wrapped up in him to even bother.

The smell of coffee wafts through the room once I opened the bathroom door, seeing Harry set down two cups of coffee and a platter of fruit and pastries. "Good morning, beautiful." His voice was cheerful, not groggy and gruff like it usually is in the morning.

My face is pinched as the pitch of his voice, "g'morning." I grumble. He chuckles and kisses my forehead as I sit back down in bed. "Someone isn't awake all the way." He teases.

"Nope."

He hands me a hot cup of coffee with a dash of almond milk, and I take a long sip. Once it hits my taste buds, I groan in satisfaction, " If I could marry a beverage, it would be coffee."

Harry makes his way to his closet across the room, "you're the type that wouldn't survive without it, aren't you?" He hollers from the back of his closet. He emerges with a gift bag in hand.

"Lorelai Gilmore said it best: If it was physically possible to make love to a hot beverage, this would be the one."

Settling back down on his side of the bed he grabs his coffee and sets the gift bag in my lap. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Ok, I told you no gifts." I scold, eyeing the bright green bag. "You don't listen very well."

"No I don't. And neither do you." I open my mouth to protest, but his index finger and thumb quickly pinch my lips together. "Don't think I didn't see the wrapping paper amongst your belongings in your suitcase the other day. Now be quiet and open your gift." He says with a smile. I roll my eyes, "I hate you right now."

"You could never hate me." He quips.

I rip open the paper and open a box to a brand new Nixon camera.

"Harry holy shit you didn't!" I gasp.

He chuckles and nods. "I did. You've been needing a new one for a while, so now you've got the perfect replacement. I know you love photography and one needs a proper camera for that."