Useless

Terugo finally relaxed his eyes and sighed. Using his quirk so much was drying his eyes out. He finally came to accept. 'Fine, I suppose. But I'd prefer to discuss this where we won't be overheard.'

Terugo gestured for them to follow and walked back into the alleyway. Much to Kai's displeasure. But he didn't come back, not yet...

The man picked Kai up and started following him in. He heard the girl's voice but couldn't make anything out. He got out his phone and texted Poltergeist, 'Come here.'

He chuckled and put his phone back in his pocket, 'Hard to admit you can't control your own child, but lately, Kai defies me no matter what I try.'

They didn't respond, Terugo noticed the girl was floating. He looked up to the building above them. 'Oh, there you are!' Terugo chuckled. 'Come on then no need to dilly dally come down here and introduce yourself!'

Poltergeist cringed, damn his boss was energetic. Still, he was given an order. So he merely sighed and jumped down.

'Sorry for worrying you, hero. My boss tends to get carried away with his quirk.' He shot an accusing glare at Terugo as he bowed to them. 'My name is Poltergeist.'

'Your parents named you Poltergeist?' The girl asked skeptically.

Poltergeist stood straight again, 'I'm afraid to say you're incorrect. My parents did not give me this name, but my master.' Terugo could practically hear him cringe. 'My master gave me this name therefore that is the name I go by.'

Terugo watched him get a Kunai Knife out. The metallic sound of the metal scraping against the sheath is what caused Kai to jump down from the hero's arms and run back.

'Oh good, done with your temper tantrum?'

Kai nodded.

'Uh... Kai are you... Sure?'

'She's always like this.' Terugo said, 'Poltergeist, carry him.' Poltergeist nodded and picked him up. Kai hid in Poltergeist's jacket. 'Sorry to involve you in our family drama heroes.'

Terugo and Poltergeist turned to walk back down the alley, 'I'm sure you have better things to be doing.'

'What are you, blind?' He heard the girl say.

He froze, 'Wait... He- He isn't blind?'

'Of course not. I saw Poltergeist put that knife back in his pocket... But-'

'No but's. Come on.'

~

After a few minutes of walking, Terugo asked, 'If he wasn't blind, then why couldn't I use Mindjack?'

'Maybe he wears contacts, sir.'

'Ugh, that'd be annoying.' Terugo huffed, 'Kai.'

Kai flinched but nodded, showing he heard him and that he was listening.

'I don't want you running from me again understand? I would hate to have to get my hands dirty because of you.'

Kai just nodded again. He didn't wanna talk.

~

'Poltergeist, run him a bath. Running outside got him filthy.'

'Yes sir.'

Demeter panicked, trying to explain how he let Kai run away. 'I-I'm really sorry boss! I swear I only looked away for a second! The kid made a break for it!-'

Demeter fell to the ground, a knife plunged deep into his skull.

'Minions these days,' Kai covered his ears, not wanting to listen to the disdain in his father's voice. 'Useless, all of them, useless.'