Mindjack, an explanation

Fun Fact: Ever since Chronos learned how to paint his nails when he was six he's painted them a different color every week, they are never just plain

~

Kai slept on the couch while Garaki and Terugo talked. He was exhausted and in severe amounts of pain after fighting Hood. Poltergeist was making the two tea and as well as Kai a cup for whenever he wakes up.

'Have you ever noticed,' Terugo started abruptly, 'How I always say something under my breath when I control someone?'

'No... I can't say that I have.' Garaki replied.

'Well I do, and you know what I always tell them?'

'What?'

'I tell them to breathe.'

Garaki raised an eyebrow. 'You... What?'

'It's not to help them relax. But my quirk makes it so they cannot decide anything on their own. Not even decisions their brain normally does automatically can be made. I have to make every decision for them.'

'Seriously?'

'Yes, the victim won't blink, they won't speak, they won't even breathe unless I tell them to.'

'Must be hard.'

'Not really, all I have to do is give this the order. The hard part is remembering to tell them.' He snickered, 'I once did an experiment where I didn't tell them to breathe, just to see what happens.'

'How'd it go?'

'Well, a few minutes go by, and the dude passes out. But my quirk is still active, so I continue.'

'And?'

'He died two minutes later.' He said, 'I only realized he died when my quirk deactivated on its own.'

'I didn't realize your quirk was like that.'

'Most people don't, because I don't tell anyone.'

'Why not?'

'People are always comparing me to the Shinsou family's quirk. So I let them think that.'

Kai shifted around uncomfortably in his sleep. Like he was having a nightmare. Terugo sighed, 'Poltergeist! Come comfort the damn child!'

'Do you want your tea or not?!'

'Fine! Chronos?' He said to the man on the couch parallel to him.

'Painting my nails.' He said, carefully painting his nails black. 'Once I'm done painting them black I'm gonna use a detail pen to paint 'Bitch' on each.'

'Really?'

'Yes, or imma try at least.'

He sighed, 'Eros? Or Cupid? Either of you?'

'Us too, though I'm painting my nails bright pink.' Cupid said.

'And I'm going with magenta.' Eros smiled.

'Are those not the same colors?'

Eros and Cupid suddenly stopped what they were doing and glared in surprise, 'Never, ever,' Eros started.

'Say that again.' Cupid finished. They did that a lot. One started the sentence and the other finished it. It's weird.

'Fine, I'll do it.' He groaned and got up, then sat back down next to Kai. 'How do you even comfort a child?'

He sighed and started rubbing his back, which helped a little.

'Anyway, as I was saying, I use the fact people think my quirk is weaker than it is so people underestimate me.'

'I see...'