'Reward'

Fun Fact: Terugo likes the taste of flesh, he says it tastes similar to pork

~

'I'll have pork please.' Terugo smiled at the waitress.

'Of course, and for your friend?'

'He's my son, and he'll have...' Terugo looked at him.

'Takoyaki.'

'That's... Your son?'

'Yes, why wouldn't he-' Terugo cut himself off, 'It's his appearance right?'

'Yeah...'

'He gets his mother's genes.'

'I see... Well, I'll be right out with your food.' She said, slightly confused.

~

Kai took small bites of his food, still uneasy about being alone with his father.

'How's school going?' Terugo asked, trying to strike a conversation.

'It's okay. Health is easy, all I have to do in gym is the bare minimum and put on the uniform, I have a few friends.'

'What about your other classes?'

'Math is easy, it's just Algebra II. I learned that from Poltergeist when I was eight. Poltergeist taught me pretty much everything we're covering in History too. I'm sleeping through English but the class is so easy I'm still getting straight A's.'

'You sleep through English?'

'Your only requirements for me to stay in school were to behave and to get straight A's. You never said I had to stay awake during class.'

Terugo recoiled a bit. He wasn't expecting Kai to have such a quirk retort. He hummed and nodded, slightly impressed. 'Fair enough.'

Kai shrugged, picking up another Takoyaki Ball from the toothpick stuck in it and taking a bite. Talking seemed to ease his nerves a bit.

'Good, go ahead and trust me more. I'll crush you.' Terugo smiled. 'Well, at least you're passing all your classes. How are those friends of yours? What about that Kurono one?' Terugo waited and looked at Kai, raising an eyebrow at the soft blush spread across his cheeks.

He recognized that look in his eyes, lovestruck. Did he like Kurono? Are they dating already? 'Hm, I know the feeling. I'll show him mercy, just this once.'

'Uh... Kurono is fine. He's getting good grades, he seems healthy. He keeps in shape, and he's been practicing with his quirk lately.'

'That's good.' Terugo smiled, noticing the admiration in Kai's voice. He was 100% crushing on him. 'Aw, young love. I remember those days.'

'Yeah...' Kai seemed uneasy again. Talking about Kurono made him uncomfortable, was Kai worried that he would kill him?

Terugo sighed, 'Are you concerned that I'll kill him?'

'A little bit...'

Terugo stared for a moment, 'I won't.' He said, 'Not yet anyway.'

Kai nodded, calming down a bit. He grabbed another Takoyaki ball and ate it.

'Enjoying your food?'

'Mhm.' He nodded.

'Good.' He smiled, twirling the fork in his hand. He took the last bite of his pork, finishing it. 'Kai, how's your quirk training going?'

'Poltergeist said he's using UA's strategies to teach me quicker. He said it's working.'

'That's good, but how do you think you're doing?'

Kai hesitated, 'I'm not entirely sure.'

Terugo shrugged, 'Oh well, that's fine. You'll get there.'