Chapter 1 ~ Where is Mia? ~

Hi all,

thank you so much for giving my story a chance.

I hope you enjoy the first chapter, and be sure to vote, comment, follow add it to your library to get notified on when i update.

xoxo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Slow down Mia please, this isn't safe and on top of that your crying, please pull over and we can wait this out"

Mia ignores Luci and keeps driving,

"MIA!! WATCH OUT!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Luci, Luci honey, can you hear me?

Nurse, please someone, she's awake.

"Lucinda, my name is Amanda I'm your nurse. How are you feeling?"

I try to respond but all I could do was nod. I turn my head to see my mum her eyes swollen and red from crying. I Shakily reach out my hand and hold hers tight, when an instant flush of worry hits me.

"I'll be right back with the doctor" said the nurse as she turns to leave.

My voice catches in my throat as I suddenly remember Mia, "Where's Mia?", i ask as I look around. Before my mother could answer a doctor enters the room.

"Good morning Mrs Hall, Lucinda, I'm Doctor Charles Reynolds. I've been looking after you since you arrived last month.

" Last Month!?, it only feels like a few hours, but it's been a month? what happened and were is Mia?

"Do you remember anything at all Lucinda? Do you know why you are in the hospital?" asked Dr Reynolds. I look at him blankly as I shake my head, "sorry, I can't remember. Again, i ask, "where is Mia!?".

As the room fills with silence, I search their faces for answers, why won't they tell me? Confusion begins to fill my mind, as I frantically try to remember, again I search their faces for something, anything that will help me remember.

"Where is she, just tell me!?", I screamed. "Luci calm down" mum says as she holds my hand tightly in hers. Dr Reynolds sat beside my bed, "Miss Hall, Mia didn't make it, we tried our hardest I am so sorry". The room suddenly began to spin as I try to process what I just heard.

That night was the longest night of my life. I laid in the hospital bed trying to remember anything about what had happened and why I've been here for a month, and Mia, what happened to her? Why won't anybody give me an answer.

The next day Dr Reynolds checked my final test results and gave me the all clear to be discharged. There was a deafening silence in the car as we drove back to mum's house. As I entered the house, I thought dad would be there. I head upstairs to my bedroom and jump into the shower, put on my favorite pajamas and jumped into bed, I just needed to sleep.