Chapter 13 ~My First Day~

The next morning i get ready for work and leave, as I enter the building my phone rings, its mum. "Hey mum, I was going to call you I actually need your help with something".

I walk into my office and take a seat at my desk. "Sure thing, what do you need" mum replied. Aiden walked into my office and took a seat on the lounge opposite my desk. I hold a finger up and signal him to wait and point to my phone.

"I was reading my book and it referred to a man's name Noah, did I have a friend named this or was it a code for someone else? It says that he was my best friend and he was dating Mia".

The call went silent almost like it had hung up "hello mum?" I hear slow breathing and then she responds "I'm here, Noah was a code name you use to use with your best friend from your childhood his real name is Isaac. but from what I remember he and Mia had a big fight, you were there as well."

"Mum, I have to go, thanks for helping me" and I hang up the phone. Isaac who is Isaac? why can't I remember him if he was a childhood friend. I grab my book and circle Noah's name and write Isaac next to it with a question mark.

"Good morning Aiden how can I help you?". "I saw you walk in so I'm just checking up that you're ok". "I am fine, better to be distracted then to be alone and think about what happened over and over" I said. "Well, that's good to hear, grace will be here soon I better go and sort my own stuff out have a nice day".

Aiden walks out of my office and I open my emails, Grace has emailed me a few books she wanted me to read, so I close my door turn some music on low and begin to read.

 I have finished the last manuscript for the day and its now 2pm, I was so engrossed with the story that I forgot to eat lunch. I pack up and take my completed work to graces desk and leave for the day.

It's cold and overcast, I call for an Uber and wait in the lobby till the vehicle arrives, I grab my phone and open Facebook and search for an Isaac looking through pictures that might trigger my memory, I also tried Instagram and couldn't find anything.

The Uber finally arrived and i enjoyed the ride home. When I get to my apartment, I see grace standing outside she isn't dressed for the weather but neither was I, as we got through the front door, I turned on the heater and changed into something warmer.

"Sorry I wasn't in the office today, I had meetings all day and then had to go see a client who's having second thoughts about publishing their book it was a nightmare" she explained.

"I hope it worked out, I'm guessing you were in the area"? I asked "yeah I was so I thought I'd wait for you and check up on how you went today, did you get through the books I sent you"?

"Yeah, I finished them all with covers, I actually lost track of time and didn't have lunch so I left early if that's ok" "that's totally fine as long as you have done your work for that day" she replied with a smile.

"What do we feel like for dinner? do you want to get take away open a bottle of wine and have a chill night" I ask her and she nods, "Great!" I order the food open a bottle of white sparkling wine fill up our cups and sit on the lounge talking till the food arrived. After dinner grace helped me clean and left.

The rest of the week was a simple one, work, read, home, sleep repeat. I hadn't seen or heard anything from Aiden and grace was in the office hopping around like a school girl. After my working day was done, I wave grace goodbye and leave. I call my mum on the way out.

"Hey mum, the beach house that you use to own where is it" I ask "oh of course Luci, we still own it, it's actually yours you own it, you paid us for it, I will message you the address.

 I sneaked the keys into the front pocket of your suitcase, Use those to get in". "Wow mum thanks always a step ahead of me and thank you for being honest" I say.

I look at my phone, my mum messages me the address and I look it up on maps, 2.5 hours. I need to get myself a car it will take longer by transport.

I grab my suitcase and find the keys there are two sets one looks like the house key and the other set, car keys. I look up what the earliest time for public transport starts and pack my bag ready to leave in the morning.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey all just a small chapter

The book is getting better hold in there.

Vote, Comment, Follow and share

xox