Chapter 13

"Think about this moment. Think about it a lot."

That was what Erin had said to Jay. And he had thought about it a lot. In fact, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about it. Pressed against the wall outside her hotel room, with her hand covering his mouth and her lips lightly kissing the side of his neck. The more he recalled it, the more impactful the moment felt.

In that moment, Erin had blown away any doubts that she wanted sex with him, and possibly more – something deeper and more meaningful. She had also revealed a lie. She had told him she had been messing with him when she had told him she wanted to be the dominant one in their exchanges. That plainly wasn't true. She did want to dominate. The way she had tightly covered him mouth, and kept her hand there for longer than she had needed to in order to stop him talking, had shown exactly what her intent was. It had clearly been a big turn on for her. To Jay's own surprise, it had been one for him too. He could still clearly recall how the leather glove had felt over his mouth, and how it had been impossible to talk. It was a power dynamic he had enjoyed being on the other side of in the past. Now he knew what the receiving end was like. It made him get hard when he thought about it.

He wanted to experience both sides of that particular coin with Erin. He wanted her to silence him and kiss him again, likely wearing those sexy leather gloves that she enjoyed modelling for him. But he also wanted to tie her up and tape her mouth shut. He'd had that fantasy about her before things had even started to happen between them. Now his balls ached as soon as he thought about it.

His achy balls would have to be forgotten about though, if possible. It was Monday, and that meant another Raw episode to take part in. Naturally, Erin would be in close proximity all night, as his on-screen wife. Having arrived at the arena, it was time to find out specifically what was lined up by the writers.

Jay went to catering, where he could read over the script while enjoying a cup of coffee. He noticed Raquel Gonzalez and Zelina Vega were in there, but he didn't join them because they were sitting with Gabby Dawson and Hailey Upton, two people Jay had no interest in talking to. He went and sat at an empty table at the back of the room.

His part of the show was to wrestle Kevin Atwater, he discovered. He looked forward to that, as they always worked well together. Then he looked for Erin's name in the script.

"Interesting," he muttered moments later. Erin was to go to the ring dressed in the same manner as Dr Sylvie Brett. She would call the doctor out, only to say that she could do the job as well as Brett could, and then fire her. He read over the rest of the scene, a smile slowly appearing on his face.

"You look happy. How was date night?"

Jay tried to look like Raquel Gonzalez hadn't made him jump with her intrusion. "How does someone your size move around so quietly?" he demanded of her.

"One of my many talents," she said with a grin, sitting opposite him. "Thought you might have come over when you walked in." She seemed a little offended, perhaps thinking that he was distancing himself from the beginnings of a friendship that they had laid down the other night.

"I thought about it, but you were busy talking."

Raquel took that at face value. "Fair enough. You didn't answer my question. How was date night?"

Fully hot, at the end, he thought. But he wasn't going to say that. That moment would stay between him and Erin. "We had a nice night. A very nice night, actually. Turned out that you were right on the mark about the company being the important thing."

Raquel smiled. "Then I figure you owe me a beer."

"Maybe I do," he conceded. It felt weird to be thinking about going out for drinks with a friend from work. That was the kind of thing he had actively avoided doing for a long time. But of late he was going with what life was throwing at him, and it seemed to be working out okay.