Chapter 71

The first segment of the show produced by Jay was the third of the show. When Raw returned from a commercial break, a video package of highlights from the Clementine – Gonzalez match at Summerslam played. Set to music and featuring excerpts from commentary, it made Jay feel quite emotional as he relived what those two incredible ladies had gone through the previous night. The package ended with a shot of Clem, her face bloody, holding up her newly-won championship belt in celebration. Christopher Herrmann's commentary summed it up perfectly.

"Never before have I seen a woman's match as vicious, as brutal, as intense as what we've just witnessed here tonight."

Jay totally agreed, and he felt a little emotional again as he looked at Raquel and Clem standing near the curtain that separated backstage from the arena. They had just watched the package side by side, with Raquel resting an arm on Clem's shoulder. No doubt it was an emotional moment for them as well.

Now wasn't a time to be emotional though. Jay had to help Erin direct the segment that was about to start.

Next, the backstage video segment that had been filmed the previous night where Raquel approached Clem in her locker room and they ended up sharing a hug to show their respect was aired. Jay had seen it before of course, but the audience had not. After it finished, there was heartfelt applause from the crowd in the arena. Whether that was for the show of respect or the match, or both, Jay wasn't sure.

Clem's music hit then, and as usual she received a loud ovation. This one was warmer than most. The fan favourite had 'her' championship back, at long last, and they loved it. It was a moment for them to treasure.

Obviously in pain from the previous night's war, Clem's walk to the ring was a bit slower than usual. She still moved like a legit badass though, and looked like she owned the arena. When she got into the ring and took a microphone, she launched straight into her promo, speaking with the typical Clementine stridence in her voice. Jay greatly admired here promo ability, even more than her wrestling. Her character was simply believable on every level. There was greater compliment to pay a wrestler than that.

"Even though I still hate Raquel Gonzalez's ass, and she probably still hates mine, I have no problem standing out in here in this ring and saying that I respect that woman."

There was a notable cheer from some the fans, likely people who had guessed that the creative direction would be to move towards Clem and Raquel teaming up.

"That's why what you just saw happened last night," Clem went on. "Raquel came into my locker room after I spent an hour beating her ass, and she offered me her hand. That was a sign of respect. And the respect is mutual. God knows Raquel has beat my ass like no one else over the past year. But, when it was all said and done last night, it was Clementine who walked out as the WWE Women's Champion."

Clem held her championship belt up triumphantly, while the fans cheered and applauded.

But then Sylvie Brett's music hit, turning the cheers to boos immediately. The newly-heel Dr Brett walked out into the arena along with Hailey Upton and Stella Kidd, the current Women's Tag Team Champions. They made quite a formidable trio that Clem was looking down the barrel of, alone in the ring. Sylvie looked a lot different, wearing red leather pants and a black leather jacket. She looked hotter than she had in her previous character, and more like a bitch too. Not least because of the nasty look on her face.

Halfway to the ring, Sylvie shouted over the top of her music, which soon faded out. "Clementine! Will you please shut the hell up! You forced us all to sit through an hour of you and the sasquatch last night, and now you're out here again, running your mouth and boring everyone to sleep!"