Chapter 5

"There's your dad, Erin! Look at him! He's doing this for you!" Jay shouted. He was at ringside during his pay-per-view match with Hank Voight. The stipulation for the match was that if Hank won, Jay's marriage to Erin would be annulled. If Jay won, the marriage could not be legally challenged. And it didn't look good for the Voights.

"Look what he's going through for you!" Jay yelled at his 'wife'. Erin was sitting in the front row, looking on in horror at the state of her dad. Jay had been beating the crap out of him for most of the fifteen minutes that the match had lasted so far. The damage showed. Blood was leaking down Hank's face from a cut above his hairline as he knelt beside Jay, and he looked like he didn't even know where he was. Jay was holding his head up, making him look at his daughter.

The real Jay was having a great time. He loved putting on matches like this, where his character could go full asshole mode. So far, Hank and Erin were playing their parts well too. Soon the match would be over. After it would come the night's big swerve, when Erin turned on her dad and sided with Jay. The audience reaction would be something, he thought.

Jesus, she's hot, was his next thought. Erin hadn't worn one of her grandma outfits this time. She had a leather jacket on over a white top that showed some cleavage. Jay imagined having his dick in there.

For the past few weeks, since discovering Erin was interested in him, he had backed off, playing it cool. He knew how to peruse a woman, and full steam ahead wasn't always the way to go. No, he would give Erin some time to come to him now. Once they were playing husband and wife on TV, things would inevitably heat up between them, he figured.

Wasting time taunting Erin proved to be a mistake for Jay's character. He had taken his full attention off Hank, giving him some recovery time. Hank took advantage by punching him in the balls.

Falling to the floor howling in pain, Jay clutched at his balls and rolled around, selling the supposedly devastating blow for the audience. In reality, he knew that this was the start of the match's finishing sequence.

With the upper hand at last, Hank spent a couple of minutes kicking Jay's ass around the ringside area before throwing him into the ring.

Hank lifted up the ring apron and pulled out a baseball bat. It got a pop from the crowd, who loved the idea of him taking Jay's head off with it.

Getting back into the ring, Hank readied himself to swing the bat at Jay, who was now on his knees and begging for mercy like the typical coward he was. He dropped back onto his butt and started crawling backwards, hands up in a defensive posture.

"You want to mess with my family? You want to mess with my daughter?" Hank furiously yelled as he stalked his intended victim. He had the voice for it. The crowd willed him on, desperate for the savage blow that would end the match and the Halstead – Voight marriage.

Suddenly, Erin appeared in the ring. She rushed over to her dad and asked him to give her the baseball bat. The crowd cheered again, realising that she wanted to finish Jay off herself.

Hank liked the idea too. He handed over the bat and took a step back, giving Erin room to swing it.

As Erin got in position, raising the bat behind her, Jay remained on the canvas, hands up, trying to talk her out of it. She looked like she really wanted to blast him, but she was wavering.

After a tense few moments, Erin cracked. She turned to look at her dad with an 'I can't do it' look on her face.

She had made the mistake of turning her back on Jay, who made his move in an instant, leaping to his feet and snatching the baseball bat from her before she had a chance to react.