Chapter 37

Moving house was easy when you had money, Jay had discovered. For all intents and purposes, there had proven to be no need for him to be there to help out. Erin had hired a company who had shown up at Hank's place with two men and a van, loaded up all of Erin's things that she wanted to take with her, taken them over to Eagle's Nest, then unloaded them all into whichever room she wanted them in. Even that had been taken care of ahead of time, as she had labelled all the boxes. For that reason, all Jay had been able to help with was some unpacking, as all of her furniture was in place too.

"I feel like I didn't do much today," Jay said. All of the unpacking that Erin wanted to do on day one was completed, and they were now standing in the living area, looking out at the view through the glazed wall. Although it was late March, a low mist hung in the valley below the house, making it appear that they were above the clouds. It was truly remarkable. Jay had never seen anything like it in his life.

"It's not about whether you did or didn't do anything. What matters is the fact that you came. You always put so much effort into this relationship, more than I do, and I'm the first to admit that. I'm going to do better."

Jay smiled and put an arm around her waist, pulling her close to him. "You've put way more effort into making me happy in the months I've been known you than anyone else has combined for the rest of my life. And I'm not exaggerating. I'll never not be thankful. You're my world, Erin. Truly."

"Oh, Jay," Erin said, cuddling up to him. He knew that it meant so much to her when he managed to find the words to say something like that. They stood for a couple of minutes in silence, simply enjoying being together.

"Erin, this place is unreal," he said eventually. "I can't even believe what I'm looking at right now. You're so lucky that you're going to live here."

"Remember when I said I don't want to live her on my own?" Erin asked.

"Yeah," he said vaguely, concentrating on the view.

"I meant it. I don't want to live her on my own. I want you to move in with me, Jay."

He looked at her, sure that he must have heard wrong. "What?"

Erin looked up at him and gave him a warm smile. "You heard me. I want you to move in with me. Not now necessarily. Whenever you're ready. It'll be a big step for you and I get that, so no pressure. Seriously, no pressure."

Jay had an instinct to accept the offer right away, but he knew that was neither a good idea, nor what Erin wanted him to do. She wanted him to move in when he was ready, whenever that was. And he needed to think over what would be a massive life decision.

"I'd like to move in, when I'm ready. I'll think about it."

"Okay," Erin said happily. She reached up and gave him a peck on the lips. "Love you so much.

"Love you too, Erin." He gave her an adoring kiss on the forehead.

-----

The next day, Jay was back on the road with WWE to work a non-televised event. Erin wasn't there of course, more than occupied with her work at HQ in accounts, as well as with the ongoing preparations for her immanent promotion.

Days like these, with a couple of hours to kill at the arena while waiting for the show to start, were when Jay liked to catch up with Raquel. They had fallen into a routine where they didn't text much, mainly because neither of them were particularly good at it, and would instead talk when they saw each other. It was fine because they saw each other three or four days a week. That was sometimes more than Jay saw Erin. The amount of travel wrestling for WWE involved really did suck.