Chapter 58

Another Sunday, another visit to Hank and Mandy's house. Three weeks had gone by since the last visit. Erin figured it was pretty obvious why this invite had been made. Almost certainly, her dad had everything finalised to sign over the WWE stocks that he had promised her. The giveaway was the fact that he had called a board meeting for the following morning. It was an exciting time, but also a nervous one. She really was about to take charge of a multi-billion dollar company. That brought a lot of pressure with it.

First things first though, Erin thought as she parked up out front of her dad's house. There was a meal to get through with Mandy. Erin had resolved herself to try and get over her dislike of the woman and see if they could get along after all. It seemed Mandy wasn't going anywhere, and a state of perpetual hostility was not going to help anyone, including Erin. She didn't need the stress of it. Neither did Jay. Erin well knew that he didn't like to see her being confrontational.

"You seem nervous," Jay observed as they both got out of the car.

"I am a bit," she admitted, shivering as the cold December air cut into her. "Taking over is pretty daunting. Shit, it's cold. Let's get inside, quick."

"I hear you," Jay said, swiftly walking with her towards the front door. He no longer had his arm in a sling as of a few days ago, when he had received positive news on his recovery from the elbow surgery. The injury was healing as well as could have been hoped, putting him on track to return to wrestling by the end of January.

Erin rang the doorbell, hoping it would be opened fast. She readied herself for the possibility of Mandy being the one to answer.

Jay stepped up behind her and put his hands into the pockets of her leather jacket, pulling her close to him and kissing the side of her neck. It made her tingle with excitement.

"You don't fool me, you know?" he whispered into her ear. "You love this time of year because you can wear gloves all the time and no one thinks anything of it. Those are very sexy ones too."

Just having him mention her wearing gloves turned her on big time, and right before the door opened. She was incredibly frustrated, which she could tell had been his intention. He probably wanted sex when they got home. Waiting that long was the only problem Erin had with the idea.

Indeed it was Mandy who had opened the door. She smiled pleasantly, but Erin could tell she was wary of her. That made her feel bad about herself, so she made sure to smile back and be nice.

"Hey, Erin. Jay. How are you? Come in."

"Hello, Mandy," Erin said as she led Jay into the house. "We're doing well, thank you. How are you?"

"I'm good," Mandy said, immediately upbeat thanks to Erin's positive attitude. "Been looking forward to hosting again."

Erin wondered how true that was, but she said nothing as Jay exchanged his own greeting with Mandy. Erin focused her attention on taking her shiny black leather gloves off, wishing she could keep them on, ideally in a bedroom with Jay. They were fine, expensive Italian leather, no expenses spared. To her, they looked and felt incredible.

"Nice gloves, Erin. I'd like to get some like that myself," Mandy as she walked by, heading for the kitchen. "Hank! Erin and Jay are here!"

"Mandy likes your gloves too," Jay whispered, teasing her.

"Shut up!" Erin hissed back, giggling. Thankfully the thought of Mandy wearing gloves didn't turn her on the way it had with Zelina and Raquel. Being turned on by Mandy might have melted her brain. She stuffed the gloves into one of her coat pockets and tried to stop thinking about them. Hank coming down the stairs provided a welcome distraction.