7 - Our deal

Venice's POV

Venice's POV

"Based on what you're saying you might be a time traveler... a multiverse voyager, or..."

"Or...?"

"...a mental person..."

"Ha - ha. Funny. What are you doing?"

"I'm serious. I'm calling your doctor."

"I knew I shouldn't have told you this. And how does a child have my doctor's phone number?"

"I know everything I need to know about my enemies."

"You are seven years old! You are not supposed to have enemies yet!

"But I always had enemies. Kindergarten children trying to get my toys aren't enemies?"

"Hmm...maybe you are right...But I'm your brother!"

"Archenemy."

"Geez...we are in peace now! I'm going to tell you something that only I would know if I were telling you the truth."

"Like what?"

I look at Little Demon's bored face then scan his bedroom...a-ha!

"You have pet hedgehogs. And I bet you hide them inside the closet. My Dad said that your father gave them to you when you were little and that you always took care of them. And that you even cried like a little girl when the last one died."

"Hey!"

I open his closet.

"Ta-da!" There's a cage with hedgehogs inside. "Do you believe me now? Hey!What are you doing now?"

"Calling your doctor"

"But I got it right!"

"Probably you entered my room without authorization and found them inside my closet. Besides, Father didn't give me the hedgehogs. I found them in the old school garden and brought them here. If he had given them to me, why would I hide them inside my closet? If father finds them, he'll throw them away... like he did with my cat."

"Your father of this world is more fucked up than the original one, huh?!. Did you have a cat? Maybe Khun Khan gave older Vegas hedgehogs. Anyway, you have hedgehogs...not a lizard...not a snake...hedgehogs! That's cute, by the way! Besides, I've never been in your room before!! If I'm not lying to you, what other option is there besides truth?!"

"Mental Disorder?!"

"Aish! Never mind. You don't have to believe me. Get stuck in this miserable life of yours...it will keep dark for a while, Bro! I'll try to find a way to get my real life back with or without your help."

I turn to leave the room.

"Wait!" Little Vegas is quiet for a moment. "Fine! I'll help you!...maybe...maybe you're telling the truth...'cause...that annoying boy...Macau...once we were at a party at the main family mansion and he saw our father scolding me for no reason. Then he came to talk to me...he said his father was just like mine and that if it weren't for his brother, he would be much more unhappy and alone...like me. I think he wants to be my friend because he feels sorry for me. I don't like this feeling."

"I'm sure he doesn't pity you. He empathizes with you. You're way too smart for your age. You know what it means. You were reading an advanced psychology book yesterday. To understand yourself and your fucked up family?"

"..." Little Vegas gets out of bed. "What do we have to do then?"

I got back to face him.

"The only thing that is very different from my reality is the fact that my parents are not together. Something tells me the key to getting things back to normal is getting them to fall in love and stay together."

"Ew!" Little Vegas does a disgusted face "And how can I help you about this? Hello! I'm only 7!! I'm not supposed to like anyone at my age! Just playing games with my friends. If I had any."

"Don't you have friends? My Father Vegas was popular from a very early age..."

"I' m not your father. This is bizarre."

"Okay, okay! Perhaps there are differences between 'you', 'the older you' and 'the original you'...Anyways, I bet you are the smartest version."

"Probably."

"We'll be able to think of something together. Deal?"

"Deal."

...

"That boy over there...that's him!"

"I'm just a little kid...and I don't want to sound pessimistic...but...how are we going to match the second most popular boy in school with that shabby boy?"

"He doesn't look that bad! Hey Pete!! Come here to meet my little brother!"

"..."Pete looks around. "Are you talking to me?"

Pete leaves the group of boys P'Porsche and P'Kinn are in and walks toward us.

Little Vegas tug the hem of my uniform and whispers to me, pessimistic. "There's mud in his hair."

I look at him disapprovingly.  "Don't be so judgmental. Give him a chance." 

Then I turn to Pete again.

"Hey, Pete! Come here!"

"Hi, Khun...uh...Venice"

"This is Little Vegas!"

"I know."

"Ow! True! You know our entire crazy family tree."

"Probably it's easier to commend  the souls when you can match the faces with the names." Little Vegas says dryly.

"Wow! You're so smart! I bet you'll rule your clan one day, buddy!" Pete smiles at the little demon and strokes his hair.

Little Vegas tug the hem of my uniform and whispers to me again. 

"I like him."

"Of course you do." I smirk at him.

...