42 - Unexpected

Pete's POV

"Hey, Pete! Come here! We need one more player."

When Porsche approached the fence to call me, I instinctively turn my face to the imposing boy standing next to me.

I don't even need to ask.

An answer is given quick and clear.

"No."

I don't have time to protest. Porsche is already shouting on the other side.

"No?! You selfish bastard! Pete is not your slave!"

Vegas glances at me and gives me a cunning smile.

"Of course not. He is my bo...?!"

"Bodyguard!" I shout, trembling a little. "I'm his bodyguard...bodyguard...! I have to stay by Khun Vegas' side because I'm his bodyguard!"

It's not that Vegas would say "boyfriend", but I feared the word coming from his mouth for some reason.

"Right. Pete is my bodyguard." Vegas smiles cunningly at both of us.

But Porsche doesn't give up.

"Is he attached to your butt 24/7, motherfucker?!"

"On the contrary...matter fact I wish I was attached to his bu..."

What the hell are you going to say, dude!

Is Vegas out of his mind?!

I rush to reply.

"Sorry, I can't, Porsche...my legs are swollen from...from standing too long...you know...guarding him...so tiring..." I come closer to the fence and whisper to him.

"Vegas is a fucking bastard...I thought Tankhun was a pain the ass...but this guy...I feel sorry for you Pete." Porsche shouts.

"That's life...Maybe some other time!"

I go back next to Vegas and sit in the stands.

Vega laughs and sits next to me shaking his head.

"So you come, Vegas! We need one more player."

"Are you crazy? I'm not going to run around like an idiot chasing a ball under this burning sun."

"I can play, P'Porsche!" Suddenly Venice appears. "Let Vegas and Pete watch the game."

Venice winks at me.

Why the hell is he winking at me?!

"Hey, Vegas! Come to our team! We need a player too!" This time is Jay, one of Vegas' idiotic friends that shout from the field."

"No fucking way." Vegas ignores his friend's pleas too.

"Vegas can't play soccer. Let's get started. We play with one last player from both teams. You stay in the bench, Venice." Khun Kinn comes to the fence and as he is already used to, he gives orders to solve the problem.

I glance at Vegas and see that it pisses him off. Of course Khun Kinn is not losing the opportunity to tease Vegas, but even so, Vegas remains silent by my side.

They all obey Khun Kinn.

I turn to Vegas.

"Why can't I go?!"

"You said your back hurts. It's not good for you to strain your back like that."

It's so cute that he cares about me...even though he was the one who hurt my back.

He's the end of me..

"Don't you know how to play soccer?!" I ask.

Vegas is so good in so many sports.