13 - Saxophone

Pete's POV

Pete's POV

"Don't get me wrong, sir. I'd like to help you with your issue, but I'm not comfortable playing someone's saxophone, let alone having someone play mine.

"W-what? Not playing a saxophone?!"

"Exactly, sir! I respect all tastes, but this is not the kind of music I like, sir, I'm sorry. However, I thought I'd settle the matter with that Tawan boy. He seemed willing to play the whole band for you, sir... any instrument... that blows, that strums, that drums, you know what I'm saying, right?!" I wink to that pervert. "It seemed like the ideal solution.

"Do you think I need you to get laid?"

"Of course not, sir! Your fame precedes you."

"What fame?"

You are a sex addicted guy and there are a lot of whore men out there willing to please you.

"Oh...that you're uh...uh...how can I say this...a stallion...you know...those kind of horses...good at breeding and everything...?!"

"First you compare me with instruments and now horses?"

"Isn't it nicer this way, sir?" I smile...a good smile always helps. "Anyway...I'm used to take decisions to make my bosses' lives happier, sir. I didn't mean to be nosy. I apologize. I'll watch myself next time."

"So...Am I your boss?"

"You're a Theerapanyakul family member...so...indirectly...I think so."

"Good. I'm going to sleep with you. And that's an order."

"WHAT? WHY?"

"My sheets are dirty"

And that's my problem because...?! 

You got it dirty yourself!

"No problem, sir. I'm going to ask the hotel maid to change it."

"No. It's late and I want to sleep now."

What a slacker!

"Right, sir"

I grab a pillow to put on the floor. I bet he's going to take my blanket too.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Sleep on the floor."

"You're sleeping in this bed too."

"Me? With you?"

"Come on, lie down and turn off the light."

"I'm fine here, sir. Don't worry."

"I'm cold. Lie here beside me."

How about you wearing something?

"I can order another blanket."

"Just lie down and be quiet. I'm tired."

Damn...

Are you tired? I'm exhausted! It's already 3 in the morning...

"Excuse me, sir."

I lie down next to Khun Vegas, careful not to accidentally touch his thing again.

Not even an underwear, sir?

Aish...you might catch a cold from your dick.

"Are you saying something?"

"Me?? No...Good night, Khun Vegas. Have good dreams."

Unperverted dreams, please. I don't want surprises in the morning.

"What now?"

"Nothing! I didn't say anything!I just wished you good night! Good night!" 

Am I thinking out loud?

"..."

Finally...resting...

I roll over to sleep on my side, facing away from Khun Vegas....on second thought, better not sleep like that. Better sleep on my back.

Too late!

"Hey, hey, hey! Your arm, sir!...around my waist!"

"..."

"Sir?! Khun Vegas?"

Aish...is he sleeping already? I'm not a pillow!

His arm is so heavy and it's so attached to my waist that I can't move it.

Damn.

Ok...ok...hmmm...damn...anyway, I feel cold...and it's warmer this way...my eyes are so heavy...good night , asshole!

...

Vegas' POV

It's strange to hear someone say good night and good dreams without wanting anything in return. Even for politeness. 

It's a kind of feeling I don't know about.

When Pete stops moving, I try to crane my neck a little to check if he's actually asleep.

It wasn't necessary. Soon a deep breath is heard. It's not a snore. But the breath of one who is fatigued.

From the way my arm manages to wrap around his entire waist over his T-shirt and the bulge of his bones, I'd say he's been eating just as badly as he's been sleeping.

I know the main family bodyguards are extremely committed to their work. But ours are too, but they're not like that.

In class, I thought he was just a goofy student, lazy and uninterested in learning. A skinny, simple-minded bodyguard used to be bossed around.

But now I think he's just exhausted most of the time.

He looks smart.

Maybe I can get him to come work for the Minor family.

I thought about teasing him now, but my mind is so relaxed that sleep weighs heavily on my eyes. It's warm like this... It's cozy. Since I was very little I haven't felt this...peace...

Venice's POV

"WTF are you doing there? How did you get the device?"

"Climbing the wardrobe. Kids do that, didn't you know?"

"Give me that! you shouldn't be listening to this!"

"Why are you so fussy? They're just having a boring conversation about a band or something".

"Band?"

"Yes...something about a saxophone, maybe?! And horses...I don't see the connection, though. But, come on, teenagers, who's going to understand them, anyway?! The lack of logical argumentation is expected."

"What?! Forget it. Go back to bed! There's still time to sleep."

"Okay..."

Little Vegas goes back to bed. 

Weird. 

He obeyed me very quickly.

He lies down on the bed, not taking his eyes off the phone.

"What are you doing now?"

"Nothing."

"Let me see it!"

"Geez! I'm just buying a saxophone."

...