57 - Master student

Venice's POV

Venice's POV

I stroke my father Vegas' hair.

Maybe I never really took his feelings into consideration. How much all events that followed on Chumphon Island terrified you all these years... how much you blamed yourself for them.

Forgive me, father.

The tears wouldn't stop flowing down my face again.

"Calm down kid, don't be another Vegas. You don't need to carry guilt that isn't yours."

"P'Arm...did I do the right thing?!"

"You did the right thing. This is your father's chance. Let him be who he is and do what he needs to do for himself."

"How long have you known?!

"I didn't know. I just suspected it. That Vegas and Little Vegas are creations of a single person's mind. A person who loves madly, but also blames himself mercilessly when he believes he has hurt the one he loves."

"That's why he chose Little Vegas, isn't it?! Everything that happened was as my father drew it in that dream...including separating him from Dad."

"Little Vegas is both your father's punishment and salvation."

"What about Vegas?!"

"He is what he was to Pete...some confident and arrogant boy from the outside, but insecure in the inside...who needed to be loved and was earnestly learning to love right. Little Vegas is Vegas as I knew him. Vegas will be in effective hands."

"My father was playing an unfair game with me. I thought Little Vegas was the part of him trying to remember about my Dad and he has the part that had forgotten about him. But it turns out he used Little Vegas to destroy his own happiness. "Will my father forgive himself and pursue his happiness again?!"

"Yes, they are actually one. But realize that you left an impact on both of them. You played well." P'Arm strokes my hair too. "Now it's up to them."

...

Pete's POV

From the moment I left the bar, I knew I was being followed by Vegas.

When I arrived at my house, I could watch through the window Venice's car approaching him.

Venice got into Vegas' car, and they drove away.

"Hey Pete! Come have lunch with us."

"Hey, Arm... actually I was just going to get something from the cafeteria...I'm not that hungry."

Arm is studying for his master's degree. He always comes to talk to me. He is the best student on campus and he is always accompanied by other master's students. I feel kind of stupid around them, so we don't hang out much.

"You look like crap, bro. Working overtime?! You need real food. I'll treat you...just the two of us"

"Well, ...okay..."

He brings me to a restaurant near campus.

"The food here is very good!"

Arm barely finishes speaking when I attack the food served.

"Wow...really delicious!"

"Haha...so eat, my friend. Eat!"

"Thank you, man."

"Hey Pete...don't be mad okay...but...why don't you come back?! Master Kinn would accept you back in a second! Khun Noo still misses you so much."

"..."

"Paying is really good now."

"I'm really fine. Don't worry about me."

"You're so stubborn, Pete. Look at your face!" Arm grabs the tip of my chin and pushes my face up. "You're pretty, but..."

"P'Arm!!" Suddenly a girl approached the table "Ow...I'm sorry to disturb you, P'Arm..." she said, embarrassed. "... we wanted to introduce you to a new master student from Business department...but I was not attentive you were with someone." She bows to me, apologetically. "We are taking a table there, Phi. If you guys wanna joing us..."

Instinctively we look at the table and see a familiar face.

I feel butterflies in my stomach and look back at my food.

"Thank you, but I'm having lunch with my friend...I'll greet him later."

As he says that...

"How are you guys doing?!" a friendly and polite voice was heard. "Small world, isn't it!?"

Vegas was standing next to our table.

"Ah...P'Vegas...do you already know P'Arm and his friend?!"

"Sure...we studied together at high school."

"Ah! How nice. P'Vegas already have friends at campus."

Arm stands up.

As western style, Vegas shake hands with Arm.

"Khun Vegas...nice to see you back to Thailand."

"Call me Vegas." Vegas gaze can seem nice to untrained eyes, but it's actually cold.

He's mad for some reason.

"I'm sure you're going to take good care of me, right, Pete?!" Vegas give two steps to my direction and put his hand over my shoulder. I can feel the pressure. It almost hurts.

I stand up slowly to face him properly. Vegas' fake smile is beautiful.

He watches me, puzzled.

He couldn't see this coming.

I hug him tightly.

"Cough...cough..."

I hug him really tight...almost breaking his ribs.

"Wow...what a warm welcome, P'Vegas...you must be close friends." the girl says, amazed.

I release Vegas and fix his black silky shirt.

I pat his chest a couple of times.

"Well comeback...sir."

...

Vegas' POV 

Pete's sly smile seems intriguing.

I thought he would act shy and discreet in my presence just like in the nightclub.

On the contrary.

He's not intimidated at all.

But putting this "sir" word to his greeting, he's also giving me a message.

This is bold old Pete.

We're back to square zero.

This is going to be fun.

...