55 - Realization

Pete's POV

"Are you okay, Pete?! You look so ... gloomy..."

"Oh...sure...I'm just tired...I have a couple of hours to rest before going to my college."

"I apologize for that...that private party took more time than expected...You were supposed to leave until midnight."

"No problem..."

"...Pete... I don't want to be nosy...but...in case you need someone to talk to...I can be this person..."

"Oh...about that?! Don't worry...those people are from my past...not my present. Their actions don't bother me..."

"I wish I could be like you..." Ton sighs painfully... "I'm nobody's teenage crush...I shouldn't..." Ton stopped talking.

"Do you like that guy...Kamol...?!"

"I have no right to like him...still...He's so nice to me...and...well of course I'm just a nightclub employee for him and he never asked me to do anything...maybe that's why I like him even more. I mean...I wouldn't do anyway! I'm not a 'male escort. He always saves me from some serious perverts ...and surprisingly threats me with respect...not like other clients...so I dare to have a crush on him but I'm conscious enough about who I am and my situation...this feeling I have is just platonic...I don't expect nothing from it, and I know Khun Kamol would never look at me the same way..."

"Maybe he would. Who knows?!"

"He left the party with all those male escorts...he won't."

"At some point in the past I could not believe Vegas liked me for real...so I wasted my chance with him doubting his feelings for me...because I felt I was unworthy...how could someone like him like someone like me?! Just like you said. Maybe If I have had more appreciation for myself back then. I don't say you should trust the guy and seek for him or whatever...I just mean that it's not wrong to believe you deserve to be loved by anyone...even by the big shots." 

"..."

"..."

"Pete...were you hurt when Khun Vegas left the room with Khun Kamol and those male escorts?! You know where they were going, don't you?!"

"Third floor. I was not hurt. It was in the past."

"Mhmm...you're right. That kind of young love is not here anymore, right?!" Ton touches my chest on the left. "Pete is handsome and cool. Sure you already had other relationships...another love inside your heart."

"I haven't." I can only force a smile "But I'm okay with it"

"Do you still like him?!"

"..."

"You don't have to answer that. Have a good rest, Pete! I won't hold you here anymore."

"You too, Ton!"
...

Vegas'POV

"...?!..." I felt like shooting that boy touching Pete's chest on the spot.

"Easy, Khun Vegas...you kill the rabbit...you scare the cat" Nop holds my forearm.

"I want to know absolutely everything about that guy with Pete."

"Sure"

"You won't tell my father, will you Nop?!"

I found Nop at the entrance of the club. He was waiting for me.

We stayed inside the car. I refused to leave.

"I can keep secrets, Khun Vegas. Only if you promise me that you won't lie again. I'm directly responsible for your safety"

"You hurt Pete before..."

"Do masters in your family give a choice?! Your father decided that way. But I'll do my best to not hurt Pete again."

"I won't let it happen again anyway."

"Alright."

"How come he's going home like this...why not calling a cab?! Pete still neglects his own safety."

Now that I finally got the courage to face him... it's hard to watch Pete go...unprotected. Damn little Vegas said Pete was beaten to the ground...because I told him to come alone to see me, he was unprotected that day...an easy target. He doesn't hate the boy who caused all of that pain. Does he hate me ?! Can Pete forgive ME?!

"I can send a bodyguard to protect him until he gets home safe and sound. You don't have to worry this much. Shall we go home now?! You need to take some rest. You've been inside this car for two hours waiting for him to leave."

Yeah...I've been waiting for Pete.

When we were inside that club, the longer I stayed next to Pete, the stronger my urge was to grab him with my hands and only God know What I would do to him.

I felt confused...frustrated... what if he doesn't love me anymore?! Should I bare it?!

So after talking to Kamol, I incited him to get some male whores and go to the third floor...where special rooms are located.

It was just an excuse to leave. I could not do it with anyone else but Pete now. I left that place immediately, feeling disgusted to myself for betraying my love for him so many times before. I had turned into my old self and I hated it. No more.

I finally realized I don't want anything from Pete.

I want Pete. And only him.

This time I wouldn't leave Pete behind. I would not leave and let someone hurt him in my behalf.

"I won't go home until I see him myself safe and sound, Nop. We'll follow him to his house."

...