19 - Sleep well

Vegas' POV

Vegas' POV

"Don't worry too much..."

"Pete, I didn't really mean to hurt..."

"I thought you were going to hit me in the first 15 minutes of the fight. It would have saved us effort.

"...?!"

"I mean, I have so many bruises all over my body, any of them would be enough for you to knock me out. But you were so hesitant. I was getting pretty tired."

"Did you open your guard on purpose? Why? Why did you do that?"

"Isn't that what you wanted so badly? Beat Khun Kinn?"

"Did you let me win to mock me later?"

I feel disappointed.

"I just wanted to prove a point."

I feel Pete is playing with my mind. It enrages me.

"What point? Explain yourself!" I make him turn to me.

My arms drop around his waist. I grip his arms tightly, making him lie on his back under me.

Pete stares at me, but he doesn't lose his calmy mood.

"That you don't necessarily feel good when you play dirty, Vegas."

"..."

We keep staring at each other for a while.

I have mixed feelings about Pete right now...

I feel like he made a fool of me...I feel exposed in my bad intentions...but more than that, I feel exposed in my regret...I feel like he can look right through me.

Why is this boy able to disarm all my actions so easily?

And why can't I hate him or despise him as I do about everyone else?

I feel something else about him...and I don't know what it is...it's different...it's unknown...

I wonder...does he feel the same...?!

As I think about it, I feel my face leaning against Pete's... getting closer and closer... our lips almost touching...

"Ugh...uh...fuck...could you please release me, Khun Vegas?!...you are pressing this very sore area below my ribs...you know... right here...where you hit me..."

"..."

It took me a few seconds to come to my senses and take my weight off Pete.

"...thank you..."

"..."

I remain in bed, lying on my back next to him...silent and confused.

"Uhhh...your bed sheets have already been changed, Khun Vegas...It's all clean. How about you move, sir?!"