52 - Delight

Venice's POV

I get up from that bed and walk over to Little Vegas' table.

We talk.

"Are you already in college?!?!"

"I'm a genius, remember?! After Phi left school and you were in coma, I had to come up with another plan. I followed him for almost five years and chose the college he applied for. As he had to work to get money to pay for his tuition, he's a little behind so I had time to prepare myself I prove teachers I was more than brilliant. Phi is smart too...he's not top student now, but he got a scholarship to this prestigious University (okay...I kind of adjusted some data to help)." Little Vegas winks. "He studies during the day while working in some place at night."

"How about Vegas?!"

"Dead."

"Dead?!?!"

"Nah. It's just a "wish". As far as I know, he graduated abroad last semester. His father bragged about it."

"Is he back to Thailand?!"

"I don't believe so. Father would have told something about it. As you were a cucumber in a hospital, and I am an unquestionable genius, he treats me better and shares stuff when bragging about me among family. Even so, I don't have the means or resource to track Vegas down, you know. I'm still just a kid."

"You followed Pete."

"He's not rich. He could not go too far. Vegas instead was sent to the other face of the planet."

"Vegas did not hide himself either. I'm sure he was sent away by his father against his will."

"If he wanted to, I'm sure he would have found a way to come back, brother. It's not like he was a kid like me. You just overlook anything he does."

"I do not. His life is more complicated than that. Anyways...I just need to find him."

"What if he doesn't want to be found?!"

...

We follow Pete across the campus.

"This is first week of semester...not much happening."

"Library?!"

"Phi's a nerd after all."

"Have you talked to Pete yet?!"

"Sure. I talk to him all the time. He was surprised to see me here at first...but felt compelled to take care of me AFTER abandoning me like that. I was specifically good on making him to feel bad about it."

"You sly bastard..."

"Are you swearing at me now?!"

"Now that you're older...YES. Anyways, have you TALKED to him?!"

"..."

"So?!"

"No! Why should I?!

"Shouldn't you tell him what you did and clean up your mess?!"

"Why should I bring that up now?! He's doing fine. If it wasn't for me, he would still be working for that crap of a family or in a serious relationship with a selfish psycho."

"He's stuck with YOU."

"I'm the good choice! I did him good after all."

"WHAT?! Where are those tears of remorse from back then?!"

"They dried up."

"Little devil, YOU...!!You haven't changed!!You're a psycho as well!"

"I just missed the right time to tell him, okay?! Five years is too much time ... The past lies in the past."