20 - First kiss

Vegas' POV

Vegas' POV

Does it make sense for me to say I've never kissed anyone before? Not on the lips...

I never felt like kissing someone else's lips.

This kind of kiss has a very special meaning for me.

My mother used to give me a peck before bed, showing all her motherly love for me. I felt loved... comforted...so many deep emotions that were buried with her.

It's too intimate... it shows an emotion I've never felt for anyone else. It shows an emotion I never imagined I would feel for anyone else. For some people mouth kissing doesn't mean anything...but for me it represents love.

And now all I want is to kiss Pete's lips...

He has beautiful walnut-shaped lips.

Why does everything on his face look so heavenly sculpted to me?

Why didn't I notice him before?"

Why am I noticing NOW?!

Why all of a sudden I can't take my eyes off you, Pete?

Why I want to make you only mine?

I can feel the air coming out of his nose when my lips are millimeters from his...

"Ugh..." Pete grumbles something, tossing and turning beneath my body.

I know my selfishness wants to ignore Pete's condition and carry on.

But I stop.

I pull my face away and reach for the boxes of medicine on the bedside Pete took before sleeping...painkillers, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic...I can't believe he took it all at once. That's why he's sweating, and he's agitated. His body is feeling the side effects of the medications.

I look back at him...my hand lightly caresses his cheek...I take some hair from his eyes.

His eyes are slightly open but I don't know if he's awake or not.

"...I'll let you rest tonight, Pete...I'll leave you alone as you want..."

His lips move slightly...to tell me something...

"S-stay..." his voice is soft...

"Pete...?!"

Before I have any other reaction, Pete lifts his head suddenly so that his lips meet mine, while his warm hands press my head in the opposite direction.

It's gentle...soft...warm...

My first kiss makes my heart race wildly accompanied by a feeling of rapture.

Pete part our lips.

"Vegas..." he says in a whisper...

"I love your voice calling my name, Pete"