50 - Reality intervention

Venice's POV

Both Dad Pete and Father Vegas were kidnapped three months ago, when Assistant Lee and P'Arm finally rescued them. They were unconscious and there were signs of torture. 

When they woke up, they were not the same. Most of their relationship was gone...like everything we lived as a family never existed. 

Not only that. 

Some of those memories were changed or new created. Every antidote P'Arm and his team created failed.

So Assistant Lee suggested a new experimental solution and I volunteered to be part of it.

I studied old pictures of them, since childhood...heard old stories of their lives...everything that could help me to build what we called 'scenarios'.

After the kidnapping, both Dad and Father got strong headaches, probably their brain trying to resist the strong suggestion they were subjected to. The White Clan faked a hospital to supposedly treat their headache. So they keep coming here in the same day. With the help of P'Arm's new drugs, Assistant Lee put them into a deep and controlled sleep.

I join them.

Because I'm the moderator.

...

"Assistant Lee...I failed. I failed in every scenario..."

I look at my Dad and my Father still unconscious by my side.

"It's soon to give up, kid."

Assistant Lee helps me to take those wires off my head and get out of the bed.

I take my Dad's hand.

"Young Vegas Pete, older Vegas Pete...they are not together...I made it worse! Why?! I thought I could change everything..."

"You were bold but presumptuous, boy...you underestimated the situation... you really thought you could deal with Vegas and Pete that easy?!"

"But..."

"You're not just dealing with them...you're dealing with their fears...and your fears combined in the same dream..."

"My fear is that they will be apart forever if I don't change their minds!"

"And you poured out all your fear into the scenarios, you dummy!"

"I tried to control my feelings. I thought I was doing well. I should not have intervened so much..."

"You underestimated this guy's sick personality." Assistant Lee points to Father Vegas. "Vegas is so obsessed with Pete that his inner child was able to make a huge mess just to have Pete for himself."

"Still...it should have worked!! If Pete had not left him as well. Anyway...I did not create little Vegas..."

"Vegas' brain did...the purest representation of his feelings."

"That kid is a psycho."

"Oh really."

"Okay, that was an understatement... but wait..." I stare at Father Vegas... "Little demon was the only one that did not turn his back on dad. He stayed by his side since the beginning...he even felt..."

"Remorse."

"Yes! YES! At the very last! Little demon felt remorse!"

"And he also acknowledged his love for you. You see...Vegas' purest feelings."

"My father is trying, right?!" I walk to my father's side and also hold his hand. "Somewhere in his brain...he knows...and he's trying to help me find a way to bring them back together."