26 - Personal bodyguard

Venice's POV

As soon as the police arrested Pete, Vegas identified himself to the officers and one of them spoke privately with Vegas. Minutes later, the officer ordered the other one to take Pete in the police car to the police station. Porsche tried to protest, but Vegas was vehement. He ordered us to go home. He would sort everything out.

Nop, head bodyguard responsible for protecting Vegas, was always around. Nop ordered bodyguards to escort us home.

I'm sure Vegas could have prevented Pete from being taken away by the police. My father is smart and manipulative. My intuition tells me that Vegas took advantage of the situation to his own benefit.

This was confirmed when we arrived at the Main Family Mansion where little Vegas and I will spend the night.

As soon as we set foot in the mansion, the screams of the first brother to the second brother could be heard. He was mad.

"You are an idiot, Kinn!"

"Tankhun...I swear I..."

"IT'S YOUR FAULT! My poor Pete...you sent him to death!"

First brother Tankhun wouldn't let P'Kinn say anything in his defense. His hysterical cries filled the room.

From what I could understand, Vegas had called his father on the way to the police station.

He said Khun Kan someone had threatened to shoot him at the music festival and Pete had protected him. Both were going to the police station to testify.

Vegas asked his father to ask Khun Korn to hand over Pete to be his bodyguard for 30 days while Khun Kan will be away on business with Nop. Vegas argued that since they study in the same classroom, Pete can protect him 24/7.

That was a very smart move.

To make sure his plan would work perfectly, Vegas called Tankhun and told him that P'Kinn had sent Pete, Arm and Pol to the music festival to disrupt Porsche's date with Vegas.

Vegas said that if Tankhun didn't agree to give Pete over, he would tell his father that it was Pete who threatened his life. At the very least Khun Kan would ask Khun Korn for Pete's head, who, to avoid unnecessary conflict, would certainly serve Pete's head on a silver platter to the Minor family.

To prove he wasn't bluffing, Vegas sent Tankhun a video recorded by Nop when Pete pulled a gun on Vegas and Porsche.

Even Khun Korn could not refute the evidence and neglect some action that would satisfy the fury of the Minor Family.

In short, Little Vegas' reckless initiative allowed older Vegas to get what he wanted, sewing the perfect plan to trap Pete without P'Kinn and Tankhun being able to rescue him.

Sly.

Ha! I'm overjoyed, although I have to show concern outwardly. If I had planned all of this, it wouldn't have worked out so well.

To keep my little demon brother in check, I'm using his guilt. I had to promise that we'll find a way to ensure Pete's safety at the Minor family mansion though.

Even though Vegas is a jerk, I believe in Vegas' interest in Pete.

They just need time alone to truly fall in love with each other.

But if Vegas does Pete any harm, I'll finish him myself. Little Vegas and me.

Pete's POV

Nop leaves the police station. Soon after I see the four boys who were in that jail with me leaving too. They were being released.

I find it weird. I squint at Khun Vegas sitting quietly next to me in the car.