44 - Rhyming my sadness

Pete's POV

"Why are you sweaty?"

Vegas suddenly touched my forehead with the back of his hand as we settled into the car. He was careful to wipe away the beads of sweat with his own skin.

He's not sulking anymore, I guess...he's talking to me now...

I felt a shiver to his touch.

but also an unconscious avoidance that made my body shiver and lean back.

Vegas takes his hand off my forehead.

"Aren't you hot?!" I start talking, fanning my face with my hands to disguise my sudden movement.

"It looks like you ran a marathon, Pete."

I actually ran. I ran like crazy from The Elementary School' Building until I reached the car that was waiting for us at the main entrance, before Vegas and Macau arrived. On the way, I accidentally bumped into little Vegas... I barely managed to check if he was ok. I hope he is. I could call Venice and ask him later, but how could I explain what I was doing there? That's why I asked Little Vegas to keep secret about seeing me. Also, I can't talk to Venice right now...I don't know if I can talk to Vegas right now either. Do I have a choice? I guess I do.

"I was studying in the library while I was waiting for you and I ended up being late. So I ran really quickly so as not to make you wait, sir."

"Next time there's no need to despair. Waiting a few more minutes won't make me upset. You being like this will."

Bastard!! Why? Why are you so kind to me now? When I want to rip your head off and feed it to little Vegas' carnivorous fish?

Why, bastard? Why?

"Yes...I'm sorry." I suppress my feelings calmly, looking at my hands rubbing each other. It's to where I've sent the turbulence of my soul.

"Pete..." Suddenly Vegas puts one of his hands over mine, stopping me from moving them.

"Yes?!" I say, not daring to look at him, but staring to his beautiful hand.

Vegas, with a delicate but firm gesture, pulls my chin towards his face with the fingertips of his other hand.

His face is worried.

Can he see the raging sea inside me when our eyes met?

"You're one of the best students in the class. You don't need to read so much until your eyes are swollen." Gently his fingers migrate from my chin to close to one of my eyes. He rubs his thumb carefully where it's swollen.

It's not from reading so much, you idiot.

I feel like crying again, but I hold my tears.

I cried so much during the damn journey to the car. Because I'm a smart kid, at least I covered up my red nose with the makeup I got from a girl who passed by me putting on makeup. I know she called me of something nasty and said she was going to report me.

Good luck. I'm sure she hasn't seen me well.

Why can't you like me for real? Only me? Why Am I unworthy of you? I can't satisfy you entirely, I guess...I'm not a lustful bastard like you!

But if you really liked me, dude, would my copulatory skills be that important?

Maybe they are for a nymphomaniac teen like Vegas! Bastard!

I turn my face to the other side.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

Vegas' POV

He's upset with me. Ugh...are we going to be like this forever?!

I get upset with him. He get's upset with me...this never-ending upsetting loop.

Pete gives attention to Macau only during all the way to our house.

Macau is happy, which is good.

But I'm unhappy, which is horrible.

Nop met us at the mansion entrance. Is he our Buttler now?!

"Young masters, wash yourself, please. Your father returned from business trip. He will have dinner with you."

Shit. I was planning to have dinner with Pete on the terrace tonight...only the two of us...and apologize for my childish behavior today, just like Venice said.

Pete helped me to dress myself but said nothing.

Before entering the dinning room, I turned to Pete to talk to him.

"Pete..."

"I'm going to have dinner with the other bodyguards in the kitchen. Excuse me, sir."

He bowed and left.

As I said, he never gives in!

This is what upsets me but also makes me respect him.

Even when he bows to me, actually he does not bow to me at all.

...

Pete's POV

"Holly shit! What the fuck is this?!" I jump, startled.

I'm shamelessly going through the drawers and closet... like a crazy wife looking for some dirty panties stuffed in a pocket of some pants or jackets (I saw this in a movie). In this case, some underwear.

However, I came across abominable, unimaginable and even intriguing things.

They shake, they tremble, emit sounds and even lights!

Lights on someone's ass?!For what?

Hey! what is that?!I'm too pure for that. I don't even know where to put this thing in.

I just pile everything up and throw it back in the drawers.

Screw it.

Vegas and yout organizing ass, organize my mess!

Oh!

A rhyme for his crime.

Oh! Another one!

Sadness leads to poetry.

Where's his guitar? I'm going to serenade that bastard a trashy song with my rhymes.

...

Vegas' POV

Lights are off.

"Pete?!" I whisper in a low tone.

At least he's not sleeping on the couch. He's in bed under the covers.

My father kept holding me until now to tell me about  business he did abroad and how excited he was about new casino construction.

I get ready in the bathroom and put on my pajama pants.

"Pete? Are you sleeping?!" I sigh in dissatisfaction. I wish we could talk.

"..."

I can't sleep knowing he was upset with me.

I've never felt this way before...I just can't ignore Pete's existence beside me or how he feels about me.

"Pete..." I gently remove the blanket from over his head. "Hey...I know I was an ass... AHHH!!FUCK!!"

I fall out of bed.

Suddenly a light next to Pete's bedside comes on.

"WHAT?!What were you saying?!"

"FUCK..."

...

Author's note:

Sorry, the chapter is short, but I wanted to post it soon to make up for all my delay lately.