17 - You like him

Pete' POV

I walk with Vegas to the beach where some sports competitions are going to take place. Collective games in the sand, running, swimming and wrestling.

He came with me instead of coming with his friends.

Vegas' gentle manner makes me forget that he and Khun Kinn hate each other.

"To be honest, that juice doesn't taste good, but I actually feel more energetic."

"You are always tired. Ask your boss for a few days off."

"Are you crazy?! I need to work hard to send money to my family. Being here is enough for some rest."

"What is that little boy's problem? He looks at me like he hates me."

He points with his head at little Vegas watching us from afar, accompanied by Venice.

"He's a good kid..."

"Only to you. Both brothers..."

"...They are ok."

They are only as kind to me as you...so far...at least.

However maybe they don't have ulterior motives like you might have.

"You go to their house a lot, don't you...? Does Kinn know about it?

As I thought, intentions are being revealed little by little. Venice's family is very close to the minor family... maybe Vegas thinks I'm pretending to be friends with Venice and little Vegas at the behest of khun Kinn.

"I use my free time to teach Venice some fighting moves. There's nothing big about it...nothing that will hinder my work ethic."

"Right...it's not about work..."

"No"

"Do you like him?"

"Sure."

"You're pretty straightforward. Does he know it?"

"I guess."

"I see..."

Vegas said nothing more. I can't understand the seriousness on his face.

Maybe he has realized that I'm not in the mood to be manipulated into meaningless conversation.

"Hey, Pete! We are in the same team!"

Porsche approaches us as we reach the beach.

"Cool."

Small teams were formed between students from our school and from two other schools that are here.

The choice was free, so I stayed on the Porsche and Khun Kinn team, even though they are seniors.

Vegas stayed with his friends, along with Venice.

I turn to Vegas and nod to him.

He just watches me.

We go our parted ways to join our teams.

Venices' POV

"Little Vegas, be quiet here and watch the games."

"Sure. I'll stay here behind these rocks so no one can see me, especially those teachers. I don't want them bothering me with silly childish games."

"What is it?"

"An airgun."

"What the hell are you doing with an airgun?"

"Protection, of course! You don't know these school games? It's a battlefield. If some idiot wants to play dirty and try to hurt P'Pete... or even you, he's going to take a bullet in the ass!