Chapter 111: Echo

Me and Akutagawa were on the minecart behind Pushkin.

Our carts started speeding up.

My phone rang, I answered it.

"I finally got through." Dazai said.

"Dazai!" I said.

"I trust your chasing down the virus ability user. The virus affects the victim through open wounds. The fever and nausea make it difficult just to stand.. think of Y/n whenever her ability has side effects on her. Don't let yourselves be so much as grazed." He said, "I'll take care of Fyodor. "Don't let the virus ability user out of your sight."

~Sc/n's Pov:~
I stared at the floor in my cell. I heard a knock on my window.

"Sc/n." Hiroto said.

Hiroto was the same police officer who escorted Y/n here. He had black hair and eyes. He was knocking on my window.

I continued to stare at the floor.

"We have another visitor for you before you get escorted to Europe in an hour."

I looked up.

"Stay away from the cell." Hiroto looked to his left. He walked away from the window. I heard the door shut.

A man stepped to the window so I could see them.

I smiled.

"So you're the one Fyodor chose to assassinate me."

~No One's Pov:~
Kenji and Junichiro were in a helicopter.

Kenji lowered the binoculars, "They're on the move."

"Dazai," Junichiro said, "3 cars just left the abandoned mines from the north."

"Contact the surface teams and follow them." Dazai said. He was in the back of the van, "Ignore them. Those are decoys meant to slow us down."

"What makes you say that?" Junichiro asked.

"Because that's what I would do.

"Understood."

"Tanizaki. There's a cargo truck leaving west from the mines."

"Is that the one?" Tanizaki asked Dazai.

"No, it's not. Ignore that one, too."

"Now we're seeing several armed soldiers moving to the southeast. They're escorting someone in a hood."

"Ignore them."

"But... We're trying to capture a demon."

"We need every hand we can spare. Ignore them."

~Time Skip~
"Dazai," Junichiro said, "there's a helicopter of unknown nationality running from the east. We can't fight it off with our equipment. Call the military police to back us up."

"A helicopter?" Dazai mumbled, "Is there anyone on the ground?"

"People? Wait..."

"What is it?"

"I see someone running through the woods! It looks like..."

Kenji looked through his binoculars, "It's Y/n!"

Dazai's eyes went wide, "Y-y/n?! Why would she be running through the woods?! Is she alright?"

Kenji lowered his binoculars, "I lost her.. Wait..." He looked through the binoculars again, "There's what appears to be a hiker at the base of a mountain. He's wearing a hat, so I can't see his face."