a start

Elizabeth POV

Nothing has changed since we confessed, 2 days ago, other than that he's not been running so many errands anymore.

"Yeah! And isn't Brad Pitt so hot!?" Jericho slurred drunkenly, earning another groan from me, meliodas and zeldris.

"Can we please choose a different topic? We've been stuck on this same one for three hours!" Zeldris groaned, rubbing gelda's back.

"We have not!" She laughed, leaning back against him.

Should I mention that their yelling is giving me a headache? Or just ignore it? I thought rubbing my temples.

"Hey, let's give this a break" meliodas spoke sternly, sitting next to me on the sofa.

Well isn't that timing, how does he always have such perfect timing. I thought with a blooming blush, watching as he set the bag he was carrying down.

"Who put him in charge?" Jericho slurred, clearly agitated.

"I'm not in charge, I'm using common sense to think Elizabeth probably doesn't want us arguing when she's most likely already stressed out about her doctors appointment tomorrow, so let's not add to the list of worries" he spoke, his tone never wavering.

"Well that's up to her, not you, so don't go bossing us around" Jericho snapped, clearly wasted.

"Jericho quit" guila snipped, pulling the drink away from her.

"No! I will not stand by and let some man boss me around" she slurred, standing up with squared shoulders.

With the yelling again? This is really making my head throb. I thought sadly, leaning my head down in reaction.

Meliodas seemed to notice this reaction instantly, and seemed to frown slightly.

"Let's not. Elizabeth let's get you to bed okay?" He spoke sternly, before he pulled a 180 and spoke sincerely to me.

"Elizabeth don't listen to this prick, he ain't your boss" she snapped, walking up to meliodas.

He just shook his head, before attempting to stand before Jericho shoved him before he got his balance, causing him to stumble back.

"Jericho stop" guila tried to defuse it.

"No! This is what all men do! They are controlling bastar-!"

"Stop it!..... Please" interrupted with, ending in a whisper as my head throbbed in protest of my outburst.

Meliodas stood silently, bringing me with him. Holding my hand as he led me back to my room.

"I'm taking her to bed, and before you go bitching about she should be kicking me out, I will sleep on her floor, her couch, hell I'll sleep on her roof if she so says it, so don't worry, I'm here to protect her, and will continue doing so until she tells me otherwise" meliodas snapped, closing the door gently, holding an arm behind my back to support me.

It was silent as he led me to bed, gently letting me sit before moving to the closet.

"I'm sorry, Elizabeth........ I didn't mean to argue with your friend" he whispered sadly, sitting down with his back resting against the door.

"It's okay, meliodas. It's not your fault anyway, you were just looking out for me, and she was drinking too much" I whispered in return, smiling when he tilted his head with a small smile at me.

"Yeah....... But... Can I sleep here? Like... Right here?" He asked softly, gesturing to the floor in which he sat.

He wants to sleep right there? On the floor? Why does he want to sleep on that? That doesn't sound very comfortable. I thought curiously, blushing when my mind was reminded of when we shared a bed.