closer,

Meliodas POV

I woke to the feeling of Elizabeth slipping from the bed, a groan leaving me as I attempted to get up with her.

"Oh, sorry didn't mean to wake you.... Did I hurt you?" She asked sweetly, rubbing my shoulder as I sat up fully.

"Nah, just trynna wake up with you to drive you to work remember?" I responded with a yawn, stretching as I stood up.

"Umm, o-okay..... I'll make breakfast real quick and then get dressed" she spoke softly, her blush a cute pink.

————————————————

I yawned as I turned off the car, watching as Elizabeth slipped her bag onto her shoulder before following her lead and hopping out of the car.

"Meliodas, you only promised to drive me here. You should go try to get some sleep" she spoke softly, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Ah, alright, just let me walk you in and then I'll go" I responded with a smile, taking her hand off my shoulder to kiss the knuckles softly.

She just giggled as we walked in holding hands, our hands swaying with our steps.

"Aw~ look at the lovebirds in their natural habitat~" guila whistled, sitting on a stool in front of the bar as she wiped it off.

"G-guila!" Elizabeth squeaked embarrassed, squeezing my hand tightly.

I just smiled, despite the heat that flooded my cheeks at being called such a thing.

"So, is he gonna be giving you rides now? I'd feel much better if I knew you weren't going to be freezing just to get home" she continued on as if she hasn't just embarrassed me and Elizabeth, smiling innocently.

"Yup, I'm her official Uber" I answered for her, sitting down on a bar stool as Elizabeth went behind the counter.

"Good, it's about time she got one of those" guila responded, her voice becoming muffled towards the end as she disappeared into the kitchen.

I just chuckled as Elizabeth smiled warmly at me, making me reach across the countertop to hold her hand with red cheeks.

It's now or never... I thought nervously, reaching over the countertop with my other hand to hold her one with both of mine.

"Elizabeth? What would you say if I invited you to another date tonight after work, hmm? Unless you're too tired, i-i have no problem just giving you a ride to and from work if tha-" my embarrassed stammering was interrupted when she leaned over the countertop to kiss my cheek.

After a moment of her lips embracing my cheek she leaned back with a bashful blush.

"I'd love to go on another date with you meliodas" she spoke sincerely, looking me in the eyes with such warmth I felt as though I might pass out.

"R-really? Because there is this steakhouse that I wanted to try and I heard it has this steak and cheese sandwich then m-maybe a movie?" I asked excitedly, beaming at her as my cheeks only darkened in color.

"Absolutely, that sounds amazing" she agreed softly, her happiness only increasing mine.

"Great!" I chirped, returning the favor and kissing her cheek as mine positively burned.

She just giggled at me, watching me walk back to the front door before I stopped and turned to her.

"I'll come back later with lunch for you, and then maybe I'll see your bartender skills?" I questioned teasingly, smiling wider when she nodded sheepishly.