in this together.

meliodas pov

it felt like I was in a daze as I finished getting dressed, leaving my room with nothing but the daydreams in my head. I idly wondered what Elizabeth was up to, my mind stilled filled to the brim with images of her.

she's the best thing to ever happen to me, her happiness makes me happy, her smile brightens my mood no matter what is going on. and on top of that, she makes me a better person, I've been nicer then I thought I ever could be..... everything is better when it has something to do with her.... I wish life could stay like this forever, or maybe, we could grow closer? I thought dreamily, smiling to myself as I walked down the hall towards the living room.

my hearts felt as though they jump right out of my chest, the thundering sound making it hard to focus as I thought of her. however I stilled when I heard distant shouts, sounding like zeldris was arguing with someone who sounded nauseatingly familiar.

before I could even think about it I was speed walking into the living room, instantly concerned for Elizabeth's safety. my movements stilled as I took in the sight before me, too stunned to do anything other then watch as I tried to understand.

the sight of zeldris and liz in each other's faces having a screaming match too startling to understand, my eyes wandering over to the side slightly to take in the sight of Elizabeth with her head down and tears dripping off her chin making my blood boil in record speeds.

"what the fuck is going on" I snapped out, marching over to Elizabeth to make sure she was okay.

it only further infuriated me when Elizabeth wouldn't meet my eyes, choosing to keep her head down instead. I tried to hold her chin to coax her to look at me, but she just tilted her head to keep out of my reach.

"this bitch-" "meliodas!" liz interrupted zeldris, bounding over and latching onto my arm with those annoyingly high pitch giggles.

"I missed you!" she beamed at me, leaning forward slightly so her shirt hung down slightly.

a couple years ago I would've happily glanced down her shirt to see her breasts, but now I kept eye contact and glared. I shrugged her off my arm with nothing short of blood lust, giving a huff of annoyance when she faked a pout.

"Elizabeth, what happened?" I pointedly ignored Liz, looking worriedly at Elizabeth.

my worry intensified ten-fold when all Elizabeth was able to say was some gibberish, her tears continuing as she tried to explain. a couple hiccups coming from her sadness, causing my eyes to narrow.

"oh she's just being a drama queen, probably upset tha-" "I wasn't asking you, slut" I interrupted liz, barely refraining from strangling her.

she seemed to go dead silent while she looked at me, her eyes round in surprise.

"brother, I don't think Elizabeth will be able to answer your question..." zeldris spoke with furrowed brows, glaring at liz.

"okay then you tell me what happened" I ordered sternly, clenching and unclenching my jaw.

"I only heard a little bit of it because liz was already talking to her when I walked in but, I heard liz trynna convince Elizabeth that she was only a temporary replacement and that now that liz was here she could go and yada yada" zeldris grumbled out, not taking his eyes off of liz.

"well yeah, now that I'm here there is no need for someone like her to be here. after all, she is like a rose, she withers and wanes, i'm like a glass rose, I last and love forever" she spoke pridefully, her red pixie cut swaying as she lifted her head with pride.