4• The Kiss

|Lou

I was so submerged in reading the Financial Times while drinking my tea when the ring of my phone shatters the silence of the room.

It's Constance. A member of my Elite Team in LA. She's one of my software engineers who often called me mom because I was the one who funded her studies when I discovered her potential in the field.

"Hello, moms."

"Hmn... Constance. What's with the sudden call?"

"Yeah moms we just got back with Nine can you pick us up at the airport?"

"Oh, you're here for your vacation?"

"Yeah, mom's just a week. Come on now, I want to lay in bed and rest. Pick us up ASAP."

"Okay I'll be there in- " she paused and looked at her wristwatch. "I'll be there in 30 minutes."

I rushed outside of my office to find Debbie, but she was not in her office.

"Hey, Tams where's Debs?"

"Oh, she's with her father, I think they are discussing the 20th Anniversary of OVC. Is it urgent, you want me to call her?"

"No, it's okay. I'll take a day off. Need to pick up someone at the airport. Tell her for me okay."

"Sure. I'll tell her."

"Thanks, Tams. I'm off then."

* * *
At the airport.

The airport was busy, like always. The flow of people being picked up by their loved ones. People ran towards each other and hugged. I didn't pay much attention to them, as my eyes are too busy searching the crowds for my Team. Then I spotted them. Constance with her brilliant personality is playing card tricks with Amita, and Leslie is busying herself with her laptop. God, I miss them.

As I draw nearer, I slow my pace to a casual walk in hopes of sneaking up on them. Trying to play a prank. They didn't even seem to notice that I was just feet away.

"Don't even try," Leslie smirked, without even looking up from her laptop.

I should know better. I guess they know I was already here before I even spot them. The perks of having computer geeks on my elite team. They were probably watching me from the CCTVs.

"Well then, welcome home."

Constance stands up as soon as she hears my voice and throws herself to me for a hug. "Mom's I miss you," she said out loud. Amita rushed to carry the bags that Constance had left on the floor.

"Shall we head out now? I'm starving," Leslie interrupted.

"Let's go boss, it's your treat."

"Okay, my treat," I said, and we walked towards my car.

Once all of us were settled in the car, they decided we would eat at the Chinese restaurant that Constance had chosen; she said it had good reviews and sorts. Saying it's the best Chinese restaurant in China Town NYC, and so we headed there.