45• I'll love you anyway.

Debbie spent the rest of the afternoon in her office with a couple of urgent emails, she read and check a few proposals they need her to look at. Then she had an online meeting with some investors. So when she finally glanced at the clock, it was close to dinner time. Isn't that clock a bit slow? She asked herself.

Debbie was still gazing at the clock. She couldn't make up her mind if it was fast or slow. It was one or the other, she felt almost certain of that. She rested her head on her swivel chair and close her eyes, but before sleep could overpower her a knock disturbed the silence.

"Yes," she asked, but didn't bother opening her eyes.

Lou entered the room and saw Debbie sitting at her desk with her eyes closed. She ached to touch her face tenderly and kiss her closed eyes but now wasn't the time for that so she snapped the thought out of her mind. "Dinner?"

"Sure, I'll go down in a minute," she replied without even giving a glance at the blonde.

"Deb."

Debbie hums in response and finally opens her eyes to look at Lou. The blonde was looking at her with a blank expression. "Is there anything else?" she asked, summoning all her strength to hold the blonde's stare. They were in an intense exchange of looks for a moment until Lou backed away.

I miss you, Lou wanted to say but she remained silent for a moment, pondering the situation they were in. How can I miss her when we were just sucking each other's soul earlier this morning? You're doomed, Lou Miller. She brushed her finger through her hair and groaned in frustration. "No, nothing," she finally said in a low voice. She didn't know why her feet were so firmly planted as if she were trapped.

Why is she still here? Did she want me to go down with her right now? Lord, what would I do with this blonde? She breathed an inward sigh. "Lou," Debbie's voice snapped the blonde out of her trance. "I'll get down after I change into something that can hide these," Debbie muttered. She pointed at the marks on her neck and smirked. Hope that Lou would get what she meant and leave her alone right away.

It only made Lou smile sheepishly while rubbing the back of her neck. The conversation should have ended there, but Lou stayed. She surveys the room, looking anywhere but at the brunette. "I cooked for you. Your favorite creamy Tuscan chicken pasta."

"Really?" Debbie's eyes practically lit up upon hearing it. She missed Lou's cooking so much although she'd cooked for them a few times, still, it was different when the food is cooked for her. Now she's having little butterflies again.

Lou saw it. How her eyes brightened, sparkled like the stars were in her eyes. Her wife hasn't changed. Nothing can ever replace Debbie's love of food. "Yeah, so come down before it gets cold."

"Uhum, be down in a minute."

_

By the time Debbie drags herself downstairs, they are all at the dining table waiting for her. The room smelled of chicken and pesto. The smell of food kept her mouth-watering. Everything smells so good.

Debbie wore a black turtleneck sweater as she spoke, something that could hide the love marks on her neck. It was paired with white denim shorts with a ripped hem displaying her legs. Lou gulped remembering how those long legs felt around her waist.

The blonde pushes these thoughts aside and lets her eyes follow Debbie as she sits down in front of her. She served pasta on her plate and a piece of pepperoni pesto chicken melt.