48• I love you too, idiot!

Lou woke up to the sound of waves crashing on the shore, seagulls, and other coastal birds flying around. And the beautiful face of her wife staring at her. "What are you thinking?"

Debbie stroked the fringe covering Lou's forehead. She woke up long before dawn and watched the sleeping blonde beside her. "Just... that I could stay here forever." It was the truth. She could stay here forever. She didn't need anything else in the world right now with Lou beside her.

Lou knew she was grinning like a fool but she couldn't help it. She laid a devastating kiss on the brunette's lips. "I don't want to leave either."

"I know, but we need to go back. Hmm, so get up sleepy head. Let's go back to bed before everyone wakes up."

_

By the time Lou and Debbie forged their way back to the house, they ran across George in the hallway who had just come out of his room.

"Why are you two up this early?" George asked, his drowsy eyes making a pass over Lou and Debbie.

"We watched the sunrise," Debbie blurted, her eyes shifting away from her father.
George glanced at the window and raised his brow. "The sun isn't out yet."

They both floundered like teenagers past curfew.

"Never mind, I don't want to know," he said as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Dad, I can hear your thoughts! We didn't do anything outside!" Although if she was being honest, she wished they did.

"Doesn't matter, I'm not interested. Get back to your room and catch some sleep. You have dark circles around your eyes. And you," George's sights darted at the blonde. Lou was not ready to fall under George's eagle eye, especially not when he knows she still has a thing with her stepdaughter. "We'll talk later."

Lou nodded and silently followed Debbie upstairs to her room.

"What are you doing here? Go to your room."

"Can I just sleep here?" Lou asked ever so sweetly batting her eyes at her wife while her head leaning on the door frame of Debbie's room.

"You heard Dad. He said I should catch some sleep because I have these dark circles around my eyes."

"You're still the prettiest baby. And it's not my fault that you didn't sleep. It's not like we practiced some marital benefits last night." Lou said, pouting and earning a smile from Debbie, along with a playful eye roll.

_

"I love you," Lou says like it's the answer to everything and it probably is. "I love you Debbie Ocean." The blonde closes the distance between them. Their breaths sat centimeters away. Debbie knows what's coming, but it doesn't keep her heart from skipping a beat when Lou's fingertips lift her chin. "I want to kiss you, and I will, but I want you to be honest with me first. I'm asking this for the fourth time tonight Deb. Do you want a divorce?"

Debbie's smile faltered as she looked down. "You said you loved Therese"