50• Disclosing the truth

After dinner, Debbie returned to her room expecting Lou to follow her. She reached for the small velvet box inside her drawer and peered inside. She decided to give it to her wife as a Christmas present. 

Not long after, Lou entered her room, wrapped her arms around her waist and kissed her cheeks. "Is that for me?" She asked teasingly when she saw the small box Debbie was holding. 

"Yeah, it's for you."

"Hmm, it's a jewelry box, right? Is it a ring? Are you going to propose to me again baby?" Lou joked as she examined the green velvet box Debbie gave her.

"Who knows? Open it." Yes Lou, I'll marry you again, over and over if I have the chance.

"Let's see what it is then," Lou murmured more to herself than Debbie as she carefully untied the bow and set it aside. She glanced up at Debbie, who gave her a small nod, which made her smile before returning her attention to the gift box.

Lou peered down at the mix of gold and platinum bands that was nestled in the box. It was very beautiful. The stone has a floating blue color surrounded by brilliant-cut diamonds. When she pulled the ring out of the box and peered at it Lou was surprised to find that it was two bands clasped together. The intricate details are very similar to Debbie's tattoo. She felt overwhelmed and she didn't know what to say.

Debbie's hand found its way into Lou's nape, her fingers playing with her hair. "I've held onto this ring for five years. I was planning to propose to you with this ring five years ago but you beat me to it when we were in Vegas," she said, then looked at Lou and pouted.

"It's beautiful Deb," Lou murmured and she couldn't help but chuckle softly as she looked at Debbie with her pouted lips like she was asking for a kiss.

Debbie smirked when she noticed where Lou's attention was. "Stop staring," she laughs and poked Lou's cheeks. "The other half is mine, baby. Give it to me, let me put the ring on you." She took one of the rings and carefully slid it onto Lou's finger. Debbie smiled at how perfect it looked on her wife's finger.

Lou took the other half of the ring and slid it into Debbie's fingers. "I love you, Deb, I love you so much," she said and leaned in to press her lips softly against hers. Words cannot describe how she felt. Lou felt as though they were the only people in the world at that moment. She wouldn't mind if they stayed like that forever. She grabs Debbie's waist and pulls her closer. Her head tilted slightly to deepen their kiss until Debbie pulled away slowly. "I'll get us some drinks. Do you want a glass of wine?"

She frowned with disappointment, wishing their kiss hadn't ended. Lou sighed and nodded. And Debbie slowly headed outside closing the door behind her. As soon as her wife was out of sight, Lou lazily walked to the balcony and sat on a chaise lounge. Not long after she heard footsteps approaching. A wide smile appeared on her face as soon as she sawDebbie with a bottle of wine and two glasses. How addicted she had become to having her wife close. Lou's eyes never left her. She found herself glancing down at her lips occasionally while she was pouring two glasses of red wine.

Debbie set the glasses on the table before turning her back on her, shifting her focus to the moon outside.

"Deb" Lou murmured when she noticed her silence. But Debbie didn't respond. She's leaning on the railings and watching the moon. Debbie looked like she was in a very deep thought. And Lou wondered for a moment what are the thoughts running on that beautiful head of hers. She hugged her from behind, kiss her neck, then rested her chin on her shoulder. "Is something wrong baby?"

The brunette turned to face Lou. She shook her head trying to avoid her pressuring gaze and nervously moistened her lips.

"Don't do that," Lou groaned.