12• Lou was hers

OVC 20th Annual Anniversary Celebration

"Lou, are you listening to me?" Daphne said, trying to get Lou's attention.

No, she's not. She's busy eyeing Debbie, who is now on stage to make a speech for the OVC's 20th Anniversary Celebration. Her aura exudes fierce elegance and power. The new CEO of OVC.

Lou couldn't take her eyes off her. She's breathtakingly beautiful clad in a deep blue backless dress with spaghetti straps. The dress had a side slit that revealed her perfectly toned legs. Her long, wavy hair framed the side of her face. Those chocolate brown eyes and her seductive smile. If it's possible to fall in love with the same person all over again. That's how I felt every time I looked at her.

But Lou, still smiles at Daphne, trying to look interested. "Sorry, I'm just all over the place right now... Could you repeat that, please? I didn't catch it".

Daphne clears her throat. Taking a step closer to her, she asks, "I'm just curious... do you have any plans after the event?"

"We could. . . go somewhere else, if you want to."

Lou quirks an eyebrow. "Somewhere else?"

"My apartment", Daphne says. "It's not that far away from here".

She's obviously flirting with me. It's the second invitation I'll have to turn down tonight. Can I just tell her I'm married? Lou is still unaware of the eyes following her every move.

"Did I make you uncomfortable?" Daphne asks.

"Uh... No, no... don't worry about it. It's just I have to stay around for a while you know."

"I could wait for you", Daphne hurries to assure her. "You're a busy person, and you've got a lot of responsibilities-"

"Lou, baby."

Ah, there she is. Just in time.

•●

Debbie finished her speech. After exchanging pleasantries with the executives, partners, and investors congratulates her. She's now shooting daggers at Lou, she found her flirting with one of the guests. The Actress Daphne Kluger.

"Debbie!" Tammy called. She looked groggy. I guess she's already drunk.

"What?"

"Come here, your speech is finished, so we can now get wasted."

"You already look wasted Tams, watch your steps."

"You're being... ridiculous. 'm not that drunk. Common don't be an uptight bitch now! look at your wife, she's enjoying herself, you should do the same."

Debbie takes a sip from her glass, keeping her eyes away from Lou.

Her wife? Yeah. She's my wife and I'm being possessive right now, she let out a deep sigh. I want to grab her by the collar. Kiss her in front of everyone and show them who she belongs to. But no, I had to fight it. I'm just a best friend.

"Are you just going to watch her?"

"Why? What do you want me to do?"