18• You are my poison

Early morning in Chicago...

"What the fuck are these photos?" Debbie asked with a raised voice.

"They were sent to the press. Luckily our people got a hold of it first.

"What?"

"Aren't you aware of this?" Tammy asked.

Her fingers were pressed against her forehead. "Tammy I don't know about this."

"This will be a huge scandal if it's released, considering Daphne Kluger will be returning to acting and is preparing for an upcoming movie."

"Blocked everything." Her voice trembled as she talked with the person on the other line.
"Don't... ever let a single photo be leaked."

"I'm on it."
//

Debbie let out a chuckle, thinking this was just a practical joke. Her teeth were gritted in her mouth. Taking a deep breath, she placed her phone gently on the table beside her, leaning against the wall for support. She felt like her strength was running out and at any moment she would collapse.

I was wondering all night what you were doing, where you were, who you were with. And now this! She had so many questions but the very person she wanted to ask them wasn't there.

She heard the click of the door being unlocked. For a moment she could only stare at it. She knew it was the person she'd been waiting for all night.

She stared silently at her. Her blonde was standing crisp in her purple pleated shirt. Three buttons were undone with her signature ties on the insides paired with leather pants. She looks like a demon, an angel, and a goddess all at once. She looks hot as ever. I think this stupid brain of mine has lots of loose screws! How can you drool over your wife who is possibly fresh from fucking another woman?

Lou took small steps towards her. Then she spoke. "Why are you up so early?"

"I was waiting for you..." all night. The calmness in her voice surprised her. But beneath the calm, she can feel her heart ripping. She didn't want to ask her. She was terrified. Terrified of the answer she would give. Knowing full well it'll shatter her to pieces. She wanted to ignore it. Turn away from it but... "Where have you been?" The calmness in her voice still holding.

"Outside. I'm sorry I didn't know you'd be here. You didn't call so I thought you were still... Busy."

•••
Yesterday...

They were in the car on their way to the hotel arranged by the company, where they will be staying while in Chicago.

"Let me remind you about the deputy chief you brought."

"She's my wife Alex."

"It doesn't matter, in this project, you are a boss and she is an employee. And you are her boss Debbie. I hope you can understand that."

Debbie made a deep sigh. She knows Alex is right. But who cares?

"What? You're not happy to leave your little wife behind?"