7• Las Vegas 2

My calm in the midst of chaos.

***

"I don't remember much of last night." she shifted uncomfortably. The memories I have seen are like fragments from a dream. I don't know whether they were real or not."

She remembers drinking an ungodly amount of alcohol, to drown herself. It felt liberating, the music, the continuous flow of alcohol. She wants to forget what her father told her during their confrontation in his office two days ago. And so when Nine invited her and Lou to come to Las Vegas, she said she'd join them.

"You honestly think that woman loves you? She's only with you because she owes you her life.

 Lou, are you going to leave me too? Just like everyone else. —stop! She's not your mom, she's not Alex.

"You better end this with her if you don't want to experience what happened to me and your mom."—it's not like we're dating for real.

She sipped from her glass. The alcohol burned her throat. She knows she'll regret it when she wakes up but those thoughts echo in her head.

"Dad, I love her." Why did I even say that? Damn it. It's not even true. Is it really not?—Oh fuck! you stupid brain cells, shut up!

Then comes the memories of Lou, she's on the stage now. The small stage in the bar. She looks like a dream and when her eyes bore into hers... her troubled mind—the worries and fears dissipate.
 It's always like that, Lou has the ability to calm all the chaos in her mind.

This woman has girls tripping all over themselves to land on her. Louise Catherine Miller is it. Tall, and has pale white skin, dazzling with her ocean blue eyes and platinum blonde hair. Clad in her signature outfit style. A red suit with her tie on the insides. She's hot as sin.

And her deep husky voice, Debbie didn't understand what she was singing because it was in a different language which she was not familiar with. However, it melts her heart. She stared mesmerized by all of her. And then this urge to have her. Wanting her, more than she had wanted anything in the world at that moment. She muttered unconsciously "I am going to marry that woman."

No! No, please. There's no way in hell I'm in love with Lou?—she snapped at her hazy, selective flashbacks, and looked at Lou. Her heart beats wildly in her rib cage at the realization that hits her.

No. Damn it. This can't be. It's just the alcohol. Yeah, it's the alcohol messing with my hormones. She cursed under her breath.

"Debs," Lou looked at her with a concerned expression. "What's wrong?"

Debbie swirling the straw on her glass. She couldn't even make eye contact with her. " No, nothing Lou."

"Okay, that's it. Just watch this," says Nine while setting up her laptop and playing a video from last night.

***
Lou gets on stage to sing at the beginning of the video.

Skip.

Then comes the proposal.

Skip.

After the proposal, there were more drinks. There were shots after shot of alcohol, and glasses after glasses.

Then...